"Melissa" by The Allman Brothers

Started by Blooby, August 12, 2009, 07:51:28 PM

Blooby

NEW2
Time:
0:00
Volume:

After taking a break for a month and a half or so, The Museum of Oddities flew again last night.  To refresh, very busy folks with very busy day jobs come over to my house about once a month to laugh, drink, and play music in my living room.  There are no aspirations of playing out or ramping things up currently because we fear the fun would quickly turn into mere obligation.

This tune would be "Melissa," penned by Gregg Allman.  We aborted it last time we got together because we didn't know the bridge.  Last night, I think this might have been our third run-through.  Vocals were re-cut due to the excessive bleedover, originally making the snare sound like a rifle shot (and a nasty one at that).  The bridge vocal was then punched in.  I guess the whole thing isn't technically live, but hey, neither was Live and Dangerous by Thin Lizzy, so nanny-nanny boo-boo (I really don't know what that means).

B3 sounds are courtesy of the keyboardist's new toy from last Saturday (see below).  The damn thing is uncanny in how good it sounds.

Peace.

Blooby

guitarron

Always a favorite to play in the country bars- this is a sweet version
i love this mix-listening in headphones sound fantastic

you really out did yourself on this one

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

I really envy you your "jam-room". And what a great band you've put together, I always look forward to the new Museum of Oddities "releases".

Nice flow to this one. Great mix and wonderful performance! Was the first lead yours?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

I've admired and loved this song for many years, and you've done a beautiful job with it. I'm guessing that's you chiming in with the sweet and soulful lead work. Several shades of loveliness. I could listen to this one over and over. It's one of those songs that crawls right into the musical core of me.

guitarron

That hammond is the real deal-sounds great
the drums are really full sounding

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Ah, another living room jam session - love it. Great sound quality - I like the organ parts as well.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Vanncad

Hey Blooby - fantastic version of a great tune. The guitars sound really good. The overall performance is outstanding.

Great post!!

P.S. - Can I come over next month? I'll bring some Canadian beer  ;D.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

hooper

Best post I've heard all day, Blooby!  Everything sounds good, the 'B3' is amazing and those real drums sound so good. And like Tim said, this song really goes straight to the core... the blending of blues and rock. Nice little living room gathering you've got going there. Must be fun!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

OsCKilO

Blooby.....

And your band of merry men!!!!!!!!

To Cool.

Peace Bro

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy