Drum Pattern Arranger

Started by Scorpios, January 03, 2008, 10:33:12 AM

Scorpios

I downloaded and tried out the Drum Pattern Arranger software which looks like it will be much easier to use then programming patterns within the MicroBR.

My question is, after I save the pattern as a file, in what folder for the MicroBR SD card should I put the file into? I gave it a try and it seemed to have automatically replaced a pre-programmed sequence I had on a song.

Pedro

You have to save it in the Song folder. Like this: G:\ROLAND\BR0\SONG0000.BR0\ARRANGE3.BR1

I always save the Drum Arrangements I make with the ARRANGE3 filename. Don't know if it works with other filename so you better save it like that. And remember it will overwrite the arrangement you previously had on the song.

Scorpios

ok, so copying and pasting will do the trick in the appropriate folder for the appropriate song. Sounds easy enough.

I wish someone would have made software like this for the BOSS Dr-770 a few years ago.

Hello friends all over!
Also we in good old Europe got this amazing device and me too! I do like it, after first three days of fight... My special requirements are little different than yours, friends, days of heavy rock passed defintitely. After 40 years of playing the guitar I´m interesting in jazzy styles..., pardon!
My question to all the users of this software from

Tommys Toolbox: Bossa Nova, Jazz Waltz, like that - is it possible to create with this program? Is it possible to create with the Micro BR?

Is there any effect like "Octavider" for laying basslines?

Very interesting in your comments, hope you got my English!
Guenther, Europe, Austria

Pedro

Quote from: gitaustria on January 26, 2008, 03:54:12 PMHello friends all over!
Also we in good old Europe got this amazing device and me too! I do like it, after first three days of fight... My special requirements are little different than yours, friends, days of heavy rock passed defintitely. After 40 years of playing the guitar I´m interesting in jazzy styles..., pardon!
My question to all the users of this software from

Tommys Toolbox: Bossa Nova, Jazz Waltz, like that - is it possible to create with this program? Is it possible to create with the Micro BR?

Is there any effect like "Octavider" for laying basslines?

Very interesting in your comments, hope you got my English!
Guenther, Europe, Austria

Greetings fellow european neighboor and welcome to the forum!

Yes, it is possible. Micro BR has some Jazz patterns and some Boss Nova alike as well. On Tommys Toolbox Drum Arranger Program press File and then Wizard. Then on the song genre you can choose Jazz and complete your song as you wish, selecting the verse, chorus, individual patterns. Its pretty complicated at first but with pratice it becomes easy.

http://www.tommystoolbox.co.uk/index.html
QuoteIs there any effect like "Octavider" for laying basslines?
There isn't any Effect Parameter like that but using the ones that exist I'm trying to create something that sounds close to a Bass using a guitar.

The closest one I got was this: http://microrecorders.org/community/share-your-patches/cliff-burton-'pulling-theet'-and-qotsa-'avon'-bass-sound-using-a-guitar/0/

Your english is good!

Hi, Where can you download the Drum Pattern Arranger?

Thanks
-Milan