guitar presets ???

Started by guitarordinaire, August 11, 2009, 02:55:56 PM

guitarordinaire

I noticed that most of the presets on the BR-600 do not sound good. They are low in volume or very thin. When I create my own, it's OK so I think the unit is good.
>:( :( :o ??? :-[ :-\ >:( :( :o ??? :-[ :-\I think I must have some setting out of place on the BR-600.
I bought it refurbished so maybe it is not on the original factory settings.
Is there a way to reset the software?
Anyone else have any idea what I mean?
Thanks
Jack
"Whiskey bottles ... and brand new cars ... oak tree you're in my way"
http://guitarordinaire.com

64Guitars

Preset patches cannot be changed. So, rest assured that all of the preset patches in your BR-600 are the same as every other BR-600 user's. But the User patches and Song patches can be changed. Song patches start out as copies of the preset patches every time you create a new song, so no worries there. User patches also start out as copies of the preset patches when the BR is new. But users can save altered patches in the user bank. These saved patches will not be cleared when a new song is created or even when the memory card is initialized because they are stored in the BR's internal flash memory (not the memory card). You can initialize the user patch bank by following the procedure on page 198 of the BR-600 manual. This will once again copy all of the preset patches to the user patch bank, replacing any user patches that you or the previous owner created.

You can also do a Factory Reset on your BR to return everything to the original settings. Just make sure you backup everything that you want to keep. And be aware that the user patches are not saved in a normal memory card backup. What you have to do is create a new song, copy each user patch that you want to keep to the song patch bank, then backup the memory card. Later, you can restore the backup to the memory card and copy the patches back to the user patch bank from the song bank.

Factory Reset Procedures

Caution: These procedures will erase all memory in the unit. Make sure you have backed up any data you wish to keep before performing these procedures!

Micro BR: Power on while holding down the UTILITY button. Press YES twice.
BR-532: Press the UTILITY button. Cursor to "Initialize". Press ENTER. Cursor to "All". Press ENTER twice.
BR-600: Power on while holding down the GUITAR, MIC, and LINE buttons. Press ENTER.
BR-8: Press the UTILITY button. Cursor to "Initialize". Press ENTER. Cursor to "All". Press ENTER twice.
BR-864: Power on while holding down the GUITAR/BASS, MIC, and LINE buttons under INPUT SELECT. Press ENTER.
BR-900: Press the UTILITY button. Press CURSOR Right to select "Initialize". Press ENTER. Press CURSOR Right to select "All". Press ENTER twice.
BR-1180: Press the UTILITY button. Cursor to "Initialize". Press ENTER. Cursor to "All". Press ENTER twice.
BR-1200: Press the UTILITY button. Press CURSOR Right to select "Initialize". Press ENTER. Press CURSOR Right to select "All". Press ENTER twice.
BR-1600:     Press the UTILITY button. Cursor to "Initialize". Press ENTER. Cursor to "All". Press ENTER twice.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website