"ROCKFEST"

Started by The Reverend 48, August 10, 2009, 08:19:53 AM

guitarron

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 22, 2009, 01:48:45 PMjust to be pedantic, how are we defining "rock", personally i think it's a wide genre but i know of some that see it as being only metal or heavy rock.

deja vu we have been here with defining progressive rock havent we lmao.

let's not do that again-lol
anything ya got to offer orh would be rock in my book

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 22, 2009, 01:48:45 PMjust to be pedantic, how are we defining "rock", personally i think it's a wide genre but i know of some that see it as being only metal or heavy rock.
deja vu we have been here with defining progressive rock havent we lmao.
In my view if you or anybody comes up with an orginal backer and say its rock then rock it is........ ;D

Quote from: Pigfarmer Jr on August 22, 2009, 12:44:01 PMOkay, Just to be perfectly clear. I can (and I suppose am encouraged to) write my own backing track and post it to share with the Boss Br Community? And then, if I'm lucky, I'll get to hear what people do with it?
And I can post it beginning Oct 31, 2009.
Sounds great to me. I have got to jot down the deadline and get something in the works.
That's the idea it can be your own or a collab with other members ;)

Quote from: guitarron on August 24, 2009, 06:11:30 PMSo we can't submit originals?-Why pidgeon hole ourselves to just backers?
Either way i'm in

I think the guys didn't want canned backing tracks but anything is OK in my view ;D

Wiley

Hey on the rock fest!! Can it be more of classic rock sound or maybe slow softer rock? You know I don't do that shreading stuff very well.  And it won't be long it will be here.  And I know they don't want to hear my evil laugh again.!!
P.J.

SteveG

More laughs, I am using it to scare the kids into going to bed!! :D

Geir

I hope whoever has time, will make original (or cover) backers, like we've seen quite a few of lately, and that the will be multiple collabs out of those.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

OK not long to go till Halloween and Rockfest!
I hope there will be some home grown backers submitted for us to enjoy however I see no objection in opening it up to anything that you feel is "rock"
Using backers covers and collaborations
here are the simple rules of the game
1.   Rock fest starts at midnight (local time ) on Halloween and will run for 2 weeks
2.   Covers are allowed
3.   Backers are allowed
4.   Any Boss recorder is allowed
5.   Mark any song Rockfest for easy reference

It would be great to get over 20 great rock songs with lots of collabs on the juke box so get  your thinking caps on and
GET READY TO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saijinn Maas

This week is my last week of working 80+ hours a week for "crunch time". Yay!! I should be able to get back in the swing of things next week. Just in time for this!!  ;D

ianjm

Are the backers or the finished songs to be posted on halloween??????????

Geir

good question, I think we should start posting backer's as soon as possible. subject should reflect that it's a backer for the rockfest, and maybe if it's an original?

48, it's your fest! What do you think?

P.S. If I get time (and find the backups) I'll remove vox and lead-guitar from some of my rockiest posts here and up as backers if anyone want that.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on October 07, 2009, 02:34:00 PMgood question, I think we should start posting backer's as soon as possible. subject should reflect that it's a backer for the rockfest, and maybe if it's an original?

48, it's your fest! What do you think?

P.S. If I get time (and find the backups) I'll remove vox and lead-guitar from some of my rockiest posts here and up as backers if anyone want that.
Great idea Geir

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand