RECORDING ALL 4 TRACKS TO MP3?......CAN'T!.... HELP!!!

Started by ADDMICROBR, August 05, 2009, 01:52:48 PM

Hi All,
here speaks a desperate man! got 1 day to sort this!!

HERE'S THE PROBLEM:

I have recorded 4 seperate tracks on the BR, (not virtual)
1. Live Drums
2. Guitar
3. Bass
4. Vocal

All four play in full when played back on the BR.

When I go to export it to a 192kbp mp3 Track for use on PC the MP3 only picks up the Track 1 when played thru itunes/ or other mp3 players.

Why wont it let you record all 4 tracks to mp3 when you export?

When you export the options seem to only be:
Track 1
Track 2
Track 3
Track 4
Track 12
Track 34

Why is there not an "ALL"

Am I missing something?

surely this is a basic function?

HERE'S HOPING,
DAN.

launched

Are you exporting or mastering? You need to master. Check the manual to get into mastering mode, and pick two tracks to master to (12V8, etc.)

That should fix 'er.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Cheers Mark,

Prefviously I've been laying everything live to Track one, (which obviously works to mp3) so couldn't understand why it wasn't playing ball!

THE OTHER QUESTION IS:

If I master the track, can I still go back to the original recording and, say, re-record over one of the existing instruments and re-master again?
or is it a case of when it's mastered, it's set in stone?

Dan.

launched

Yes you can - basically, you are "mastering" to two free empty tracks typically. The original tracks will remain intact. And you have the mastered tracks to export later if you didn't do it to mp3 on the fly (When it asks).

Also, if you "undo" after mastering, it will free up the tracks you mastered to. This will allow you to temporarily write over a full track (Instead of write to an empty track)

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

What Mark said. Here's what I posted in another thread when someone asked a similar question:

You go into mastering mode to create a mixed version (a "master") of your recording. This allows you to mix any four V-tracks plus the drums into a stereo recording. Once the song has finished mastering, the Micro BR automatically asks if you want to create an mp3. You just follow the instructions, the mp3 is created on the Micro BR and then you can just transfer it to a PC if you connect up using a USB connector.

Check out the "Tutorials" section of the board under the appropriate recorder area. For the Micro BR, there is a video about mastering here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/general-discussion/recording-with-boss-micro-br-video-series/0/

The tutorials section is really helpful.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Glenn Mitchell

Remember, tho, you don't need to master, you can bounce to 2 tracks too, then export those 2.
It does go automatically to export with mastering but some prefer the bounced version.
It just needs to be on the two tracks for stereo.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: ADDMICROBR on August 05, 2009, 02:15:51 PMTHE OTHER QUESTION IS:

If I master the track, can I still go back to the original recording and, say, re-record over one of the existing instruments and re-master again?
or is it a case of when it's mastered, it's set in stone?

Dan,

One thing I've started doing is using the first 2 virtual tracks to master too once you lay your new tracks down. Example... say you record 4 tracks...
1. Live Drums
2. Guitar
3. Bass
4. Vocal
I would then either master or bounce those tracks to tracks 1&2 V2... this leaves 3&4 V2 open to record on. Use those tracks to record back up vocals rhythm guitar or whatever you wish.

I would then master/bounce those tracks 1,2,3,4 V2 to tracks 1&2 V3. This is just an easier way for me to keep track of the tracks I've created. I also try to keep the same instrument on the same virtual track.

Example V2 rhytm guitars V3 vocals v4 bass and so on. Hope this helps.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

assassin

yeah , you have got some basic stuff missing.

bounce ( or master ) all 4 tracks to a pair of V tracks.

then the br will ask you if you want to export as mp3 or aff.

just say export to mp3 and the mixed track will appear in the mp3 folder.

its that easy.

or use the br export program -- thats even easier .

hope it helps.