"Oil" - original

Started by Geir, August 04, 2009, 01:13:18 PM

OsCKilO

Quote from: StevieM on August 04, 2009, 02:27:22 PMGreat song, as always, Geir. It's always sad for everyone when this sort of thing happens. I feel for the crews too, I used to be in the Merchant Navy.

Here you go T, not quite the same, but similar subject. Always been one of my big favs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0DqPSF2fyo

A friend of mine was in the navy.

He talks about how he could hear the ship bending in a big storm.

Scary stuff....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

Just listened again through headphones...... Bloody hell this is produced to an amazing standard!

How did you get your voice so low in the intro?!?!

You are a Suberb Singer songwriter G!

You really captured the topic with this one...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

tafka

this is powerful Geir , and the intro sounds like "the new cranes" which no-one has heard of?? great talent , a well great song

T
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Ferryman

Geir, you are chasing Greeny now in becoming another masterful singer/songwriter. This has a great feel to it, beautifully recorded, everything is so clear in the mix. Your vox are really, really good on this (and you've done some great performances in the past). You captured the emotion of the moment beautifully.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

Wow!!  YOu have captured it all. Most excellent job!! You always show so much emotion in your songs. I love it.

SteveG

Love them waves!

Great song, even if inspired by a very sad event.

Davo

Where was this oil spill btw?  Its so cool that you can  make a relevant song like this so quickly.  It seems to take me weeks and months.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Oldrottenhead

this is simply stunning geir stunning we are not worthy,

i think launched mentioned a frank black comparison. he did a song called the st francis dam disaster, but he wrote it from the perspective of the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6UZSy1vPEw
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Such a good song Geir, and a news broadcast too. You've done some great songwriting here and the playing and singing are excellent.

This song has to touch everyone who listens to it. How can you not be moved by the simplicity of the reporting of an incident and the damage that ensued? This is so much more immediate than seeing a bulletin on a news program. Perhaps all news events ought to be delivered as songs. I'm sure that more people would pay attention.

It's a wonderful song Geir. Thank you for bringing me the news from Norway. I hope your part of the coast is cleaned up and restored to it's natural conditions soon.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

I love the way the opening, watery vox give way to the clear strummed beauty of the first verse. Great use of effects too. But most importantly, this is an inspired and very tight piece of songwriting. Love the way you sing... kind of fragile but with a bit of gravel. It all works SO well. A lovely, lovely song and performance.