'Love me in Obscurity' - Original by Greeny

Started by Greeny, August 03, 2009, 05:32:05 AM

Greeny

I'd like a few harp sweeps on this (...a proper harp, not a blues harp, lol). Any takers????!

cuthbert

Quote from: Greeny on August 03, 2009, 08:46:49 AMI'd like a few harp sweeps on this (...a proper harp, not a blues harp, lol). Any takers????!
Would an autoharp do?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Greeny

Quote from: cuthbert on August 03, 2009, 09:42:58 AM
Quote from: Greeny on August 03, 2009, 08:46:49 AMI'd like a few harp sweeps on this (...a proper harp, not a blues harp, lol). Any takers????!
Would an autoharp do?

Don't know what one is, but it sounds interesting. More than happy for you to have a subtle tinker! There's no telling if it will work, but I guess the proof will always be in the pudding.

OsCKilO

Firstly, This is sublime Tim!

You are a Fecking Awesome Songwriter, singer and Musician!

Have you tried an open/alternate tuning...... to try and mimic it?

http://www.get-tuned.com/guitar_tuner.php

The 12-string sounds Mad in DADGAD..... You might get what you need from it....

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

knniggits

Great stuff,well crafted song. The strings work really well and embellish an already fine track.
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

cuthbert

Quote from: Greeny on August 03, 2009, 09:58:46 AM
Quote from: cuthbert on August 03, 2009, 09:42:58 AMWould an autoharp do?

Don't know what one is, but it sounds interesting. More than happy for you to have a subtle tinker! There's no telling if it will work, but I guess the proof will always be in the pudding.

With an autoharp, the proof will definitely be in the pudding - they aren't known for holding their tune!  :D

I'll have a go at it, and send it back to you.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Facemask93

Great song Tim , i do like all your multi track stuff , but i am definately an unplugged person , and i think you are to secretly , it suits you down to the ground , a few strings added to it , yes  , but all in all stripped down is good.
This shows how good this song really is , because there is nowhere to hide with no effects , bloody well done , fantastic all round

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Tangled Wires

Great song, love the way you have kept this simple, it is very effective. Multi tracked vocals really do sound amazing. Another brilliant tune from you!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveG

If I could get an acoustic sound like this I would not have to mess around so much with compression and eq!!! Great song too.

Jim1970

This Sounds amazing!!!!
Love the Vocals.  Another Hit!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR