'Love me in Obscurity' - Original by Greeny

Started by Greeny, August 03, 2009, 05:32:05 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_Love me in Obscurity_160
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a (fairly) simple 4-track, all-BR song. I stripped it right back to guitar, vox and strings to let the song stand up for itself. The backing vox were recording live with the guitar (GTR+MIC), and the whole thing was done with the effects 'off'. The only tinkering is the addition of some reverb on the strings and vox.

It's about not hankering for fame - and being grateful for the life and the love that you have.  :)

Flash Harry

Classic Tim Green. Why aren't you a published songwriter Tim?

I hope you are before your hair and teeth are gone.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hooper

I like the song and your choices about how to go about presenting it, which as you say, allows the song to stand up for itself.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

launched

I think you get a bigger bang with each track than anybody here. It's a lesson learned with me for sure. There is just so much sound to your music. I'm impressed with everything you do. No exception here.

Also, I noticed that you have not juiced quite a few of your compositions with reverb. I've followed suit myself for a while now. Reverb is great, but it can trash a song quickly. I would actually like to see a reverb lesson posted someday - especially how to use the MBR's reverb, which is effin' tricky. Anyone?? Greeny??

Excellent job with this one!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

God Tim  you make song writing sound so simple........
Great lyrics!
another for the piepod

lg

Tim, I think that the way you are adding strings to your compositions
is great! I love how your songs are so beautiful yet simple in their construction.
This is another for my mp3 player.

Bravo.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

cuthbert

Greeny, this is such a beautiful song. The stripped down accompaniment is perfect, and those strings; understated and yet so lush.

Perfect.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman

Lovely song, I too like the way you use strings a lot. Really adds atmosphere without swamping the mix. Another great piece from a very talented singer songwriter.

Although we might try to hold you to these ideals if you get the massive deal you so rightly deserve!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR