The Harder the Fall

Started by Bob Iles, July 29, 2009, 08:30:00 AM

Bob Iles

The Harder The Fall
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Been away for awhile as my internet service has been out of commission for over a month.  So, that means I've got some new material to post.  Here's the first of them.

The Harder the Fall (Copyright 2009 by Bob Iles)

Equipment used:
Left Channel - Peavey Wolfgang
Right Channel - Fender Squier Strat
DIY Overdrive, Delay, and Chorus.
Solo played on the Strat.
You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen

launched

Hey Bob! Another great one you have here!! Just like all your tunes, very well played and produced - your songwriting skills are incredible as well. Inspiring for sure.

Catch you later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Vanncad

Very nice, catchy tune here Bob.
Sounds really well produced.

Is that BR600 drums?

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

guitarron

nice song bob
the mix is loud and in your face-that's a good thing
well produced

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bob Iles

Thanks, guys.  Always appreciate your comments.

This is one of those that's being re-mixed.  I recently listened to all of my songs through headphones, and was apalled at the amount of reverb present.  I don't generally like a lot of reverb anyway, but for some reason in the compression to mp3, the reverb becomes very prominent.  I'm always trying some tricks with panning and doubling effects to get a fuller guitar sound.  Stay tuned!!

Vann - They are BR600 drums.  I find "Set P3 - Room" to be to the most natural sounding, and they are used almost exclusively on my tracks.  I also try to program the drums from the ground up as well, to make the rhythm fit the song rather than trying to match the song to the presets.
You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen