Red House 0JimiHendrix 'n Greeny guitar tone

Started by Bro, July 27, 2009, 03:28:58 AM

Bro

Here you go, it's the closest i can come to the red house tone on the Br.

It has a bit to much bite sometimes, feel free to do what you want with it!

Patch: GT09:RED     

Song: SONG0114
Folder: SONG0114.BR0
Algorithm: COSM GTR AMP

Preamp: BLUES
  Volume: 40
  Bass: 80
  Middle: 50
  Treble: 20
  Presence: 10
  Master: 100
  Bright: Off

Speaker Sim: vo drv
  Mic Set: CENTER
  Mic Level: 100
  Dir Level: 0

Noise Suppressor: On
  Threshold: 40
  Release: 30

FX: Off

Delay: Single
  Delay Time: 178 ms
  Effect Level: 8

Sound samples

https://songcrafters.org/community/post-your-mp3-collaborations-only/woodstock!!!-greeny-and-jimi-red-house/0/

If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Sprocket

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on July 27, 2009, 03:28:58 AMHere you go, it's the closest i can come to the red house tone on the Br.

It has a bit to much bite sometimes, feel free to do what you want with it!

Awesome, thanks!
Looking at your patch, looks perfect in all the right places, I cant imagine what would need to be done...tone stack looks in order(not too much treble) and the speaker sim has all the non-sense knocked out. Cant wait to get home and give it a try...thanks again!!!

The Reverend 48

THanksI will be giving that a go for definite ;)

Sprocket

I programmed it all in last night and it sounds great, but Ive got a couple of questions for you.
What kinda pickups are you using? I dont think my Tex-Mex's are as hot as what youre using.
And lastly, just out of curiosity, why didnt you opt for the Marshall amp and cab models?

Your patch inspired me to dial in my own JH type tone patch, I still think yours is closer/better...but I think Im just digging being able to play a Marshall model that sounds like a Marshall, and Im enjoying the tone, ALOT! My patch isnt done, I ran into some issues...but if I continue to revisit it and tweak it, I should have something useful to post(meaning a useful patch...Ive still got my work cut out for me before Ive got a song to post).

Thanks again for your inspiring patch!

Bro

Quote from: Sprocket on July 28, 2009, 10:07:32 AMI programmed it all in last night and it sounds great, but Ive got a couple of questions for you.
What kinda pickups are you using? I dont think my Tex-Mex's are as hot as what youre using.
And lastly, just out of curiosity, why didnt you opt for the Marshall amp and cab models?

Hey, i didn't even think of the marshall amp (duhh) But it would be kindda ovious to do it in the marshall, but i found that i really close with this one.

On the red house recording i'm going thourgh my hagstrom, (humbucking pickups) so that might cause some of the distortion.

Get working on that tone, and tour tex mexs should do a great tone job for you! Lets hear some :)
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Sprocket

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on July 30, 2009, 02:00:21 PMHey, i didn't even think of the marshall amp (duhh) But it would be kindda ovious to do it in the marshall, but i found that i really close with this one.

On the red house recording i'm going thourgh my hagstrom, (humbucking pickups) so that might cause some of the distortion.

Get working on that tone, and tour tex mexs should do a great tone job for you! Lets hear some :)

Heck yeah youre close! You nailed it...and with humbuckers? That might explain why my tone isnt as hot as yours...and why I wandered off with the edit button. But Ive got some other hot pickups I can throw at this patch and I will give that a try this weekend.
I tend to forget "MS" equals Marshall sometimes too  ::)
I also tend to spend alot of time on the less gainy amp models...but your cover of RedHouse and this patch have inspired me to apply heavy doses of gain...and its really been making me smile  ;D