India (with ubiquitous Kaossilator)

Started by Blooby, July 26, 2009, 08:01:19 PM

Blooby

India
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I had forgotten about this until I was going through my recorder files last week on vacation.  Just another jam that is extremely rough around the edges, but I thought it showed off a different side of the Kaossilator.  I've found there to be some unique/interesting scale choices in the unit.  This was myself on guitar and Ebow, a friend on bass and Kaossilator, and the first thing I ever did with a drummer on an electronic kit who unwittingly came over for a jam. 

We ran everything through a cheapo mixer into the recorder as an experiment.  I worked to try and fix an overpowering bass in Majix's Audio Cleaning Lab with only limited success.

I spliced the heck out of this to keep it shorter/perhaps more interesting (to some) and squashed it to 96 kb/s.  It was originally fifteen minutes long with some different sections.  We were calling out chords on the fly.  I apologize if the splices are distracting.  I didn't labor over them.  I was just trying to trim a lot of fat, so some of them may not be so silky.  I know the last fade is ill-placed, but I was actively avoiding an amazingly awful guitar clam a second or two after the silence.  It pained me to listen.

Unfortunately, the same low end/midrange waffle that happened on my last post is occurring here as well.  Maybe I have to switch encoders, but it was working fine until a few weeks ago.  Hmmm.

Peace.

Blooby

Edit - Now the encoder added 1:30 of silence to the file.  I give up for the night.  Bah!

OsCKilO

The Awesome key is being pushed as I speak...

Lets see what it generates for this tune....

At first..........

Deep mystic eastern sound.....

And then......

Seems to jump seemlesly back over the Atlantic!

Great Great Jam!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

Did you use the Phrygian scale thingy for this one...?

Sounds really authentic...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Blooby

Thanks for the compliment.  You always do wonders for my ego (fragile as the male psyche is).  As for your question, I can't quite remember, but I think it was actually the "gypsy" scale.  Here's some info on the unit:

Peace.

Blooby

launched

I've been listening to this for a little bit, while checking to see what the hell an ebow is - talk about ignorant, but I really didn't know. This is a very deep and involved tune, and I got a lot of listens while researching. Anyway I love what you guys did here - fits in very well with the warm summer night I'm having - the 15 minute version would have suited me even better. Too bad about the 5gb limit - and soundclick is a pain to deal with from a listener's point of view.

This format fits in with a gravel pit party where In Memory..., Stranglehold, Do you feel... and other epic longrunners have been played.

A great listen - I was just getting into it when it fades out, though.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

Blooby, you are flippin' Kaossilator salesman.  I'd just gotten over my previous temptation--caused by you. 

And now this.

Awesome is right.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Very cool Blooby (althopugh I was hoping it might be the classic Psychedelic Furs track...). That intro is really atmospheric and I love those wacky scales on the Kaossilator. You created a great mood with it and then there another awesome jam. Great stuff, you are indeed a Kaossilator salesman!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

jackofall

You've made me check my bank balance to see if I could afford one.
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Greeny

Bloody hell, Blooby. I'm in awe again. I can't even begin to imagine how you can do stuff like this on the fly. It's incredible. Amazing guitar and Kaossilator skills. Your music puts me into a kind of trance, and as always, wanting more. Truly excellent.

Flash Harry

I'm not buying one of these. I'll never get the quality out of it that you get, so I'm not even going to try.

It's brilliant. I could listen to this and just drift off, never to return.

That break where it all tightens up and gets rhythmic is so sweet. I love it.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.