rain on your window music by bodie lyrics/vox by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, July 26, 2009, 06:42:51 AM

Oldrottenhead

rain on your window take 2(128Kbps)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
bodie sent me this stunning tune looking for a lyric/vox so i came up with a teenage angst break up type thingy. this is second take but have got a bad dose of bosckoschwartzisis and am not happy with my vocal performance so watch out for retakes and remixes.
had to shrink to 128kbp to get it to fit.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Facemask93

Great tune definately , great production , but please Jim ,do not go down the road of
bosckoschwartzisis , you , like the good man himself are good enough without to much tinkering , this is a great vocal performance , and i love the teenage angst thingy , well done

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

SE

Sounds finished to me great guitar and vocal, listened a few times and have enjoyed it even more that the first, one of my fav,s of recent weeks.
recorder
Boss BR-80

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Damn this is great.  To start off with such a great track from Bodie, incredible in every way, playing, recording, mixing... so much to like here with this track.  Then the ORH vocal, this is one of the best sounding ORH vocals I have heard, it is really up front and clear and sounds really good, it sits in the mix perfectly.  There is a lot going on musically (guitarilly), and the voice sounds great, not buried, not overpowering, just sounds great.  Its a wrap boys.  Downloading in 5 seconds...go.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 26, 2009, 06:42:51 AM...this is second take but have got a bad dose of bosckoschwartzisis...

Ha - I think we all get that sometimes. Not a bad thing... Think the vocals are great - they fit well with the song. You have a knack for doing that. The harmony section with the guitar solo is cool as hell!

Boy that Bodie is something else - what an ace musician and composer.

An excellent song!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Wiley

Never heard of Bosk thingy's  But I think you did a fine job just the way it is.  Sometimes more tinkering just worsens things.  Great job!!  I agree with launched like the harmony section and guitar.  It just give one goosebumps.  Awesome

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ferryman_1957

Great song, a great hooky chord sequence, especially that rising part in the verse. The guitar lines are just beautiful, really draw you in and great solos. The vox performance is really strong, I love your slightly "cracked" vox on this one Jim. But I would say don't be afraid of Bosko-itis because for me the vox don't quite sit in the mix just right yet. Don't get me wrong, it soounds great and is ok now, but I think in places you get the vox blended better with the track. I would keep this performance as backup though, I love the way you've sung it and it certainly sounds pretty good.

Great song, I'm humming it already!

Cheers,

Nigel

Greeny

Another top, pro job. This is beautifully done and already very radio-friendly. The vocals sound mighty fine too me. Maybe a bit more reverb? Lol... I'm sure Bodie will tell you what he wants!

A real cracker. A real keeper.

Fantastic job.