Help. How do I do 3/4 rhythm patterns

Started by Olarte, April 16, 2008, 07:29:40 AM

Olarte

since the rhythm  patterns are all 4/4 beats, how do I play waltzes and other music based on 3/4 beats?

are there any particular 4/4 patterns that are best for "simulating" a 3/4 pattern due to the subdivision of the 4/4 meassures like some of the ballads or country etc...

Thanks in advance.

guitarron

cant be done
this is what sucks on the arranger in the MBR
I believe there may be a 3/4 metronome(seems strange)-but that won't cut in a project
The only work around i know of is to create a drum track outside of the Mbr then import or record to a track or 2 for stereo-then it's bounce city from there

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Olarte

Quote from: guitarron on April 16, 2008, 09:08:04 AMcant be done
this is what sucks on the arranger in the MBR
I believe there may be a 3/4 metronome(seems strange)-but that won't cut in a project
The only work around i know of is to create a drum track outside of the Mbr then import or record to a track or 2 for stereo-then it's bounce city from there

Well I realize that I can't change the 4/4 to 3/4 but some of the 4/4 patterns have subdivisions for each beat, that kinda sound like a 3/4 meassure.

So I was thinking I could use one of these 4/4 patterns and count each of the beats as a meassure.  for instance one beat could have a  "sub pattern" of ta ta ta... each one would then be considered a beat in the 3/4 pattern see?

I just need to know out of the 293 patterns, which have these type of subdivision.

One thing that's annoying is having to stop the recorder to change rythm patterns. Is there an easy way of listening to the various samples one after the next?

Thanks in advance.

SteveG

Quote from: Olarte on April 16, 2008, 10:31:53 AMOne thing that's annoying is having to stop the recorder to change rythm patterns. Is there an easy way of listening to the various samples one after the next?

Thanks in advance.

Just scroll through the patterns with the+/_ keys while their playing. Changing the pattern number.

Olarte

Quote from: SteveG on April 16, 2008, 12:38:55 PM
Quote from: Olarte on April 16, 2008, 10:31:53 AMOne thing that's annoying is having to stop the recorder to change rythm patterns. Is there an easy way of listening to the various samples one after the next?

Thanks in advance.

Just scroll through the patterns with the+/_ keys while their playing. Changing the pattern number.

Duh, thanks.... now I see it. got confused because it told me to stop the recorder but that was about changing kits.

Still... it's a shame there are no 3/4 or other meassures. oh well. it's still an awesome machine!

hooper

Check out   PT:170 BLUZ3

You can count it out as 4/4, 3/4 or 6/8 
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Olarte

Quote from: hooper on April 16, 2008, 04:48:54 PMCheck out   PT:170 BLUZ3

Thanks Hopper :) That is Exactly what I was looking for. When I slow it down to 80bpm or below, it makes a decent 3/4 pattern!

SteveG

slidething

Well Duh to Me ~~
  Thanks this is what I was trying to find - & why I posted about 4/4 blues track --
 Thanks for the info
 Slide_N_Out
Slidething

Farmjazz

QuoteCheck out   PT:170 BLUZ3

Yeah, hooper!