indian summer new original by jemima's kite n awe that ye know

Started by Oldrottenhead, July 21, 2009, 07:20:33 PM

launched

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 22, 2009, 03:37:20 AMyeah it is as it should be at the end

Been getting some mp3 gremlins lately. We get those sometimes...

This is in my play rotation - love it.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

Nevermet no more........

Great Job Lads!!!!!!!!

Perfect summer tune!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Facemask93

Really great song guys , love the guitars , definate hint of the Sundays , i love the line ( an indian summer with an Apache fog) an all round great effort from all , Flash , ORH ,Tim

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

hooper

Another great one, JK!  The jangle of the two guitars panned out wide, the solid bass keeping it all grounded, clever lyrics well sung... the JK formula for sure. Very,very well done!

And uh, Mike.... What was the real Oldrottenhead like?  Same thing as we get on here or is he an Imposter?   :-\  Must have been a blast for you guys to meet up.  :)
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteMust have been a blast for you guys to meet up.
it was fanfeckingtastic mrs orh thought she was seeing double except i still have the remains of some hair on my pate.

when are you coming over ken.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Cool song guys - sounds great!!  Somewhat recorded together - nice!! 

The vox seem a tad low to me in the first verse...IMHO

Great job JK!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SharksDontSleep

Another really good tune. Up to your normal excellent standard.
Do you do all this on a MBR?
Great guitar sound & vocals (which remind me of The Lightning Seeds incidentally).
As was said earlier too, the bass line is worth a mention.

Above all it's incredible what you can do on a tiny Micro-BR.

This song is just soooo polished.
As bright and shiny as the eyes of the girl you're dancing with.

Flash Harry

Quote from: hooper on July 22, 2009, 10:53:32 AMAnd uh, Mike.... What was the real Oldrottenhead like?  Same thing as we get on here or is he an Imposter?   :-\  Must have been a blast for you guys to meet up.  :)

He's a genuinely lovely guy.  It's always dodgy meeting blokes you have first met on the internet in a hotel in Glasgow, but we had a great evening, nice home cooked food, some beers and stacks of swapping of musical influences.

Thanks for your wonderful hospitality James. It was really great to get to meet you and your family.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman_1957

Lovely song, I'm getting Crowded House and I can that Sundays reference as well. Great songwriting, super chord sequences and I love those harmonies. I'd love Flash's bass to be a bit higher in the mix. It is a great melodic line and superbly played. It adds another level of depth to the song but it just gets a bit lost for me at times.

Cheers,

Nigel

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI'd love Flash's bass to be a bit higher in the mix. It is a great melodic line and superbly played. It adds another level of depth to the song but it just gets a bit lost for me at times.
i am not fully happy with the mix but after an exciting evening i had to post it. but i know have all parts on my mbr and i think the vocals are a bit muggy at times. so i am gonna have a wee mess about today to see if i can get a better mix.
QuoteThanks for your wonderful hospitality James. It was really great to get to meet you and your family.
the pleasure was mine your a gentleman a scholar good sir.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann