fading in/out

Started by lexman, July 20, 2009, 03:18:02 PM

lexman

Hi BR users,

Is it possible with, for example, the mastering mode to create a fade in or out sound?

I've tried to fade in a track from 30% -> 100% but I don't hear any fade in.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Regards,
Alex

Ferryman

Yes, you can fade using the Master Level. When in mastering mode, press the "Utility" button. You should see "MasterLevel: 100". If you make sure the cursor is under the 100 you can fade that up or down using the +/- key in real time. So for a fade in, make sure the Master Level is set to 0 first and then use the +/- key to fade in.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lexman

Nigel,

Seems that you know a lot about the MBR.
Is it also possible so fade in 1 track.

I have an idea where I want to fade in a guitar, is it then only
mastering that guitar track?

Alex

Greeny

You can fade individual tracks in mastering mode too...

This is from memory, so I hope I'm right:

From the main screen, press 'Track 2'. This gives you the individual track options. The first one is 'Record', but if you scroll right with the '>' button, you'll come to the individual volume buttons. You can adjust these '+' and '-', even in the middle of mastering a song. I'll often use these to boost a guitar solo or reduce a backing vox part etc.

Good luck!

Ferryman

Yes, Greeny's right, in Mastering or Bounce mode you can fade in/out individual tracks by accessing the window that shows the individual volume setting. That also allows you to tweak the volume of each individual track in the mix as he describes.

You can only do this for a single track or a pair of tracks (if you make them a stereo pair) at any time.

So in Mastering and Bounce mode the Master Level affects the volume of all tracks at the same time, while the track volumes can be controlled individually from the "Track Level" window. You can also change the panning and reverb on individual tracks in a similar manner.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

That's a much better explanation! Thanks Nigel!!!!!

lexman

Greeny, Nigel,

Yesterday I've tried the fade in/out as you both discribed.
Recorded quick a track to experiment with.
It worked perfect.

Thanks for your advice.

When my first song is completed I will post it.
The only problem I have is writing lyrics, maybe it will work after a couple
of beers.  ;D

Ferryman

Great, look forwad to it. If you want someone else to write and record ltyrics, you could always post the music in the "Collaborations" section. We have some great singers/lyricists on here (one in particualr is a mad Scottsih guy called oldrottenhead).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lexman

Hi Nigel,

Last night I was almost finished with the intro where I want to use the fade in.
Don't know what I did but the mastering sounded OK.
Imported the master (mp3?), overcopied on the original track.
Pressed play, no sound (master levels where ~80-100%)
Well what the ^*%#$ did I do.
Couldn't figure it out so I started from scratch.

Many out gone in smoke  :(