Main Menu

Pan Input?

Started by cuthbert, July 17, 2009, 09:22:34 AM

launched

I just tried it, 64G's - No dice. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but don't see how to put a cursor on TR1. It seems like the TR buttons don't really do anything except open the track settings mode. I'm guessing the real functionality for these buttons are menu selections for Bounce/Master/Utility/Effects/MP3, etc.

So if anybody out there can help, please do -
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

Ferryman & launched - thanks for taking a look at this.

I'll also poke around in Bounce/Mastering (and elsewhere) and see if I can find anything. If it's positive news, I'll definitely report it here.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Sounds like this is yet another example of a feature that's available in all of the BRs except the Micro BR. I just checked the manuals for the BR-532 and BR-600, and they work the same as my BR-864 -- just cursor left from track 1 and you get to the Input pan setting screen. I don't understand Roland's thinking on some of their decisions to omit features from the Micro BR. It's not like it would have increased production costs.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

launched

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 17, 2009, 04:13:43 PMI don't understand Roland's thinking on some of their decisions to omit features from the Micro BR. It's not like it would have increased production costs.

You are preaching to the choir, 64 - You have mentioned before that too many improvements may detract sales of the higher units. Probably right...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

Thanks for everyone's input - I did a menu walk and browsed around Bounce/Mastering modes and didn't see a way to pan the input.

There is a way, but it would require a panning in an external mixer and using the Line input...but that's not the same as a feature.  :D

Thanks again, all. Appreciate the wisdom.

Cheers,
cuth
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman_1957

That's true, as line in is effectively stereo you should be able to take a panned input from a mixer. However, I don't bother with this approach anymore because you can't change the level of the input recorded this way as it is only on the resulting bounced stereo track. It's not that much hassle to create an extra couple of tracks in the MBR and bounce them in the normal way.

Cheers,

Nigel