Question to Jemima´s Kite.

Started by Telepete, July 16, 2009, 12:37:45 PM

Telepete

Hello guys, I've just heard the song of Jemima´s Kite – Filthy Animal... The only thing that I can say is "WOW!" The sound of the guitar is awesome... It sounds really great! I was wonder if you guys can tell me, the setting of the effects to get that amazing dist/overdrive sound. I am playing through a Fender Telecaster Standard. Thanks a lot for your help.

;D

Oldrottenhead

that'll be one for greeny to answer, he should surface tomorrow morning G.M.T

Greeny Music Time.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Telepete

Oh ok. I will be waiting for his answer.

Great tune!

Greeny

Quote from: Telepete on July 16, 2009, 12:37:45 PMHello guys, I've just heard the song of Jemima´s Kite – Filthy Animal... The only thing that I can say is "WOW!" The sound of the guitar is awesome... It sounds really great! I was wonder if you guys can tell me, the setting of the effects to get that amazing dist/overdrive sound. I am playing through a Fender Telecaster Standard. Thanks a lot for your help.

;D

Hi !

I tend to use the 'MS Dry' patch for a lot of my heavier guitar rhythm parts. It has a nice dirty crunch to it. I use my guitar volume to alter the volume / distortion of it sometimes, but often it's turned up full whack. I often use it for lead lines too, along with the 'DryCrnch' patch. Those two are my favourite effects, and you'll hear them on loads of the rockier JK tracks. I don't like all the ultra-distorted metal patches, and these two are a bit more vintage sounding.

I also use the 'SQR TR' tremelo patch a lot. I like to add a little 'wash' of tremelo over crunching rhythm parts.

I can't remember if this one is played on my Hofner verythin semi or my Telecaster. It might even have both on there! I'm a Tele fan through and through - my ultimate guitar!!!!

Hope this helps!

Greeny

p.s. I only ever use standard / pre-set patches on the BR... I don't ever fiddle with the settings.

guitarron

Quote from: Greeny on July 17, 2009, 03:39:15 AMp.s. I only ever use standard / pre-set patches on the BR... I don't ever fiddle with the settings.
purist- if  it aint broke

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Telepete

Thanks a lot Tim... I will try those patches... As soon I finish the song that I am recording I will post it.

Keep in touch.

Greeny

Quote from: Telepete on July 17, 2009, 06:35:11 AMThanks a lot Tim... I will try those patches... As soon I finish the song that I am recording I will post it.

Keep in touch.

Cool ! Looking forward to hearing it... !