Playback!!!

Started by Telepete, July 16, 2009, 10:56:26 AM

Telepete

Hi. I´m writing because i want to know if it is possible to playback and hear a track previously recorded while I record another track.

Thanks for the support!  ;)

SteveB

TPT - I don't know your particular machine, but the answer is 100% YES. That is the essence of multi-track recording. Being able to listen to a previously-recorded track whilst you record another track. Either consult your User's Manual, wait for further replies or, do what the rest do and search out the recording Vids/Tips for your machine somewhere on this Forum. Good luck, and Welcome also.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Telepete

Hey thanks for your comment... I have a MBR but I am not sure if this is possible... If anyone can help me I will appreciate it.

P.S. Forgive my english, I am from Southamerica   ::)

Bluesberry

Quote from: SteveB on July 16, 2009, 11:05:47 AMTPT - I don't know your particular machine, but the answer is 100% YES. That is the essence of multi-track recording. Being able to listen to a previously-recorded track whilst you record another track. Either consult your User's Manual, wait for further replies or, do what the rest do and search out the recording Vids/Tips for your machine somewhere on this Forum. Good luck, and Welcome also.
YES, YES, YES... I have written many a cool song with this concept.  I record one track of whatever comes to my mind (fingerpicked chords or something like that), then arm the next track for recording, playback the first track and let the sound of that track guide my playing on track#2, arm track#3 and playback TR1&2 while recording to track #3, letting the sound of the first two tracks guide my playing, on and on I go, building it up track by track, always listening to the previous tracks as guide.  It is the pure inspiration method and this multi-tracking lets you do it.  The results are sometimes verry surprising in a good way.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Telepete

Thanks a lot Bluesberry!

I am "newbie" with the MBR.

Bluesberry

Here is link to a song I wrote in the way I described.

Record something on track 1.  Press play and it plays back. Re-wind back to the beginning.  Select Track 2 to record, and when you press Play&record to record on track 2 you will hear what you recorded on track 1 while you are recording onto track 2.  Keep going this way until you have filled up all 4 tracks.  Then it is time to "Bounce" and keep on going!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveB

Quote from: Telepete on July 16, 2009, 11:18:09 AMP.S. Forgive my english, I am from Southamerica   ::)

TPT - Your English is FAR superior to my Spanish or Portuguese!!  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon