Listening without headphones?

Started by fleadom, July 15, 2009, 09:11:29 PM

fleadom

Hi, I was wondering if there was anyway to listen to your recordings on your Micro BR without headphones? Please help someone!

cuthbert

Sure, get a 3.5 mm stereo cable with plug ends that fit whatever you want to listen from, such as RCA, 1/4", or even 3.5 mm stereo.  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

AndyR

Yep, the headphone out works as a line out as well - I was sceptical at first, but it's fine. I run the output into a stereo channel on my mixing desk when I want to listen on my studio monitors.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

SteveG

Greeny

Quote from: fleadom on July 15, 2009, 09:11:29 PMHi, I was wondering if there was anyway to listen to your recordings on your Micro BR without headphones? Please help someone!

How's it hanging, McFly?

(just a little Flea 'Back to the Future' reference, lol)

Your best bet is to use the headphone line out. I sometimes use that with some i-pod speakers. As Cuthbert says, you need a cable though.

Bluesberry

I go from headphones out to aux line in on either a bookshelf stereo or Sony Boom Box, either way sounds fantastic.  Headphones out to line in of anything sounds really good.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

fleadom

Thanks alot for your replies guys :) Really helped me out. I just need a cable now. Aw yeah Fleas the man, Greeny!