getting same effects settings back??

Started by StevieM, July 15, 2009, 03:48:47 PM

StevieM

I've just recorded something ( one of my lessons) and transfered it to the pc.
Now I want to re-do it, with the same effects settings and everything, but can't remember what they are!!
Is there anyway I can find out what they were ( are?) from the track that's been recorded??
And no, I didn't save them as I was setting them :-[
Cheers.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

guitarron

we often use track sheets were we write stuff down-it would be convenient if i did remember all the effects for each track but unfortunately it does not

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Glenn Mitchell

I believe some higher end gear actually does that. It keeps track of settings.
I think a lot of apprentice sound engineers did just that for the engineers for years before they manned the faders themselves.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

StevieM

That's what I thought. Bugger!!. Oh well. At least it wasn't anything too important, just a sound I liked, it'll teach me to write stuff down!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Glenn Mitchell

There is a sheet for that in the manual and others have made custom ones available on this forum (Somewhere)
They really are essential if you are getting serious about editing.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Sprocket

Is the lesson and your track still on the MBR? Could you go back and record another track??? If so you are money and you dont even know it! It should still be there in the effects section...if the effects light is lit underneithe your tracks. I hope this makes sense.
JUst be sure to store it under one of the user settings(U01 for example) for future use.
AND Id really like it if you were able to share it in the effects section here on the forum. 

StevieM

Sorry Sprocket, it's not.  To save me getting too bloody muddled, I always tend to just wipe everything off the machine when I'm done and start again ( After putting it on the laptop of course ;))
I'm really going to have to learn a bit LOT more about that Tardis machine :-[

Any idea where I can find those, MGM? I'm sure if I just went through the postings I'd come across it, but a link's easier ;D

Sprocket

Quote from: StevieM on July 16, 2009, 12:11:22 PMI always tend to just wipe everything off the machine when I'm done and start again ( After putting it on the laptop of course ;))

So how bout transfering it all back to the MBR??
Seems like it should still be embedded...unless all you saved was the MP3.

StevieM

Quote from: Sprocket on December 14, 1973, 09:18:15 PMSo how bout transfering it all back to the MBR??
Seems like it should still be embedded...unless all you saved was the MP3.

Errr-----Yep :-[ When I've done something I just 'export', then on to laptop as MP3.
DEFINITELY going to learn a bit more, and quick!!

Sprocket

Yeah, I just save the finished MP3 too...its not like I wanna go back to all of that, just the backer.

Can you remember which patch you started with?
If so it should be somewhat easy to trace your steps and get something damn close.
Im pretty sure this lil problem of yours is really going to help you building patches in the future, and I for one, am looking forward to trying some of your new patches out...so please share? ;)