'Imposter' Original by Jemima's Kite

Started by Greeny, July 14, 2009, 04:53:54 AM

Greeny

JemimasKite_Imposter_DONE_160
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is about one of the downsides of the internet - the false profiles and masked charades that can happen at any site or online community. Thankfully we have relatively little of that here  :D

Usual set up - ORH on vocals, Flash Harry on bass, and Greeny on guitars. Can't remember if James is adding any bar chords (?!). This one has taken a while to get right - it originally had Monty Python doing the 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquistion' sketch at the start, before orh added the ghostly vox instead. Big credit to Mike on this one, as the bass is superb.

Had to squidge it to 160kbps to get it on

OsCKilO

Awesome track.

Very well put together!

Relates to the clown discussion that me and blooby were having. . .

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/3632/msg37987/#msg37987
Scary thing this internizzle. . . . . .

Peace

T
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

Having been on the internet since the early 90s I've met my share of those impostors. This song nails the feeling when discovering someone are not who they claim to be !!!

That intro is just superb, with the scary angelic voices coming from everywhere like a web of voices! And the deliverance of the vox is great throughout the song, it's more than just singing, it's storytelling with a fine instrument!!

Love those partly dissonant guitar riffs and the "angry" lead that appears halfway through the song.

Flash is like a rock covered with flowers, with his colorful, steady bass!

Already on iPod!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

"You see them........?"

"Thats you that is.....!"
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Alright, you got me! I work in my underwear sometimes :D :D

Quite the modern concept - although I feel very confident that I know who I'm talking to here.... I hope :o

I love where the guitar is going with these new tracks. Explosive and natural. A blast to listen to. I think I'm going to enjoy the whole album when it's done!

Killer bass, of course! Excellent 5th 'ing around!

And those wispy Beatles/U2/? sounding background vox - damn those are good. I want to do that!

Awesome music!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

hooper

So, I'm confused.  The 3 guys with the red outfits... which one is Oldrottenhead?   ???
Anyway, nice development of song.  Classic JK sound.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Ferryman

This has to be one of my fave JK tracks, a great driving bass with excellent guitar layers all over it. And the vox work really well, the ghostly backing vox are great. The production is really good as well, I think you are improving all the time. Still don't know how you keep churning out such great music.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

The one on the right with the hood and The Hungover Stoop....  That Be Jim!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: osckilo on July 14, 2009, 06:27:36 AMThe one on the right with the hood and The Hungover Stoop....  That Be Jim!
That's what I thought too !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........