Won't Play on Computer

Started by Byakko, July 12, 2009, 08:50:49 AM

T12V2_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Okay, this is just 30 seconds of crap, taken a minute ago.

64Guitars

I don't know how you did it, but that file ("aggas.WAV") is worthless. The first 48 bytes appear to be a normal WAV file header, but the rest of the file has every bit set to 1. So there's no useful data in the file at all. Delete it and try the export again (see pages 112/113 and 103/104).

You should also download the BR Wave Converter and learn how to use it to export tracks to your computer.

Quote from: Byakko on July 12, 2009, 06:07:01 PMIt's 2.7 Mb, I think that's roughly what I need for 2:45.

No. That might be a reasonable size for an MP3 file of that length, but a WAV file should be around 30MB.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

the process I'm doing to record is (from the start screen) as follows:

Utility > SNG > New > HiFi(MT2) > Input > MIC > Record > Play > Record what I want to play > Stop > Mastering > Record a few seconds > Stop > MP3/WAV Export

That's how I was told to do it *shrug*, are there steps I'm missing out?

I can't get how to work the BR Series Wave Converter, it's asking for things from my Drive, but I don't have an SD Card Reader

I feel so stupid =(

64Guitars

Quote from: Byakko on July 12, 2009, 08:30:02 PMthe process I'm doing to record is (from the start screen) as follows:

Utility > SNG > New > HiFi(MT2) > Input > MIC > Record > Play > Record what I want to play > Stop >

After you stop recording, you have to zero the counter to reset the song to its beginning ("00:00:00-00.0"). A quick way to do that is to hold down the Stop button and press the Rewind button. Or you could just press Rewind until the counter gets to "00:00:00-00.0". If you go straight to mastering without resetting the counter, you'll just be recording blank space. Is that what you did?

QuoteMastering > Record a few seconds > Stop > MP3/WAV Export

While you're mastering, you should be able to hear the song playing. If you don't hear anything, you're doing something wrong. Let the song play all the way through while you're mastering, then press Stop and do the export.

QuoteI can't get how to work the BR Series Wave Converter, it's asking for things from my Drive, but I don't have an SD Card Reader

You don't need an SD card reader. Just connect your Micro BR to your computer with a USB cable. The Micro BR will appear on your computer as a disk drive. Then start the BR Wave Converter. You should see the Micro BR in the drop-down Drive box. If you don't, close the BR Wave Converter, make sure you can see the Micro BR in your computer's file manager, then start the BR Wave Converter again.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ah, I converted it to WAV and it worked.

Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it :D