Won't Play on Computer

Started by Byakko, July 12, 2009, 08:50:49 AM

I've recorded several songs on my Micro BR, I've had headphones in and listened to them on the BR, yet I can't get them to play on the computer.

The song is right length, but there's no sound. So I have however many minutes of just nothing.

Have I done something wrong?

guitarron

Quote from: Byakko on July 12, 2009, 08:50:49 AMyet I can't get them to play on the computer.

did you convert them to mp3 ?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Yeah, if you're talking about going through master, then MP3/ WAV Export.

Geir

Have you listened to the mp3 on the Mbr?

I've experienced the same thing once, I think I had set some a-b autopunch and forgot to turn it off .... Might be wrong on this, but worth checking out.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Yeah, I've listened to it and it sounds fine.

I had first thought that the mic had broken, but I listened to it afterwards *shrug*

Geir

hmmm ... I guess you've tried other mp3's on your computer to rule out that !? What SW do you use for playback?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

iTunes, primarily, but I've tried it on QuickTime and Windows Media Player.

All results the same.

Migs

Quote from: Byakko on July 12, 2009, 08:50:49 AMThe song is right length, but there's no sound. So I have however many minutes of just nothing.

The only time this has happened to me, I had a whole stack of lead-in silence - but if you say it is the right length, you can rule that out.  You could try opening it with Audacity so you can actually see what is there.  Also, in the properties, is the file size about right for the song you have recorded ?   Last thing you can do is upload it here to see if we can hear it.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

It's 2.7 Mb, I think that's roughly what I need for 2:45.

I loaded it on Audacity, but I only get this:
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5352/asagaga.png

I sent it to a friend, it didn't work for her either.

64Guitars

Upload the file here and we can probably tell you what's wrong with it. To upload it, just reply to this topic and click on "Additional Options", then click the Browse button and locate the file.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website