Jazzy Major (All Stars) NEW UPDATE 28/01/10

Started by The Reverend 48, July 12, 2009, 04:09:56 AM

Tony W

Christ, I feel like a middle schooler trying to skip a few grades. Those were some really nice takes PJ and Steve. Hats off to 48, your mentoring skills are going to be tested shortly :)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

Hey Tony,  Remember you started almost 2 months or 1 month after us.  And we all progress at different rates. Depending on how much time you have to devote to practice.  I heard your post and if you listen to ours at that time you are right where you should be.  You are coming along fine.

Tony W

I was only teasing PJ, the progress I have made is incredible. You should know that I decided to jump on the blues train when I heard your first posting in the 48 all stars. I knew that it was way beyond my skill level, and actually expected failure. I consider myself to be a success story for Mike.

Listening to what you two have accomplished here is really motivational. I think I have a nice advantage knowing what is coming around the corner. I'm giddy as a school kid, knowing that I will soon be playing like this.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Mike, the gap is narrowing. PJ and Steve are making great progress, I think they both did really well here. I think I'd be a bit lost here, I only have a vague idea of major keys, so well done to both for getting to grips with a slightly different style.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

all three of these versions are truly top shelf-especially good seeing PJ step out of the more-lol

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Capn_Gaz

This jazzy major scale stuff sounds bloody brilliant, this kind of sound really appeals to me - maybe more than minor blues scale based stuff. Looking forward to trying some of it myself, well done guys!

Wiley

Hey Capn Gaz I heard you joined our ranks.  Am looking forward to hearing you also. It's fun trying all the backers. Welcome aboard.
P.J.

Greeny

Great work everyone. It just gets better and better. PJ and Steve - This sounds like a tricky style to nail, but you both pulled it off. It's very interesting to hear your different styles and interpretations coming out - and the personal 'voice' that you're both developing in your playing. The backer sounds a bit like 'Georgia on my Mind'... I reckon you could play AND sing that very nicely, PJ. I don't know how 48 does it, but it's one hell of a class he's got now! And his own take is, of course, wonderful.

You should be more confident Steve... you're building techniques and a library of licks that'll last you a lifetime. There's nothing wrong with showing them off... ! Sounds like the momentum is building though. It will be funny to look back in a year's time and see where you've come from, because at this rate, you're all going to be serious blues players.

Wiley

Hey Greeny , surprise ,surpise, It is the one I sang on for the Trans Atlantic blues festival.

StevieM

Thanks Tim, I'm getting a bit more used to it now.
I dunno about a years time, I've only got look back a few weeks!!!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!