Help!!! BR900

Started by Diego Ayala, July 11, 2009, 06:47:30 PM

Diego Ayala

Need some help to figure out what I'm doing wrong....  Downloaded two songs from collaboration post and, well cannot get it to go into the br900 unit!

I loaded file as mp3 -

opened it using Audacity,

converted it into wav file, and saved it

then went into br unit and followed the import steps

=>> was able to drag the file from my pc folder into "usb" br900 folder, and it does the transfer, but  when I press exit to close connection w/pc it tells me "no file"

How can I find the wav file => the one I copied to br usb?  or am I missing a step?

Any help much appreciated!!!

D

Frank53

Diego, when you load the file into Audacity, look at the upper left hand corner of the data windo. Make sure the sample frequency is 44.1kHz. If it's not, the BR's won't recognize it. I had that problem once. If it's not, you'll need to convert it to 44.1, or have the contributor do so. There is software to do it, but I don't have any.

Other than that, it seems like you are following procedure. Does the display on the '900 indicate that the wav file is loading when you drop it in the USB folder?

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

64Guitars

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but you might find it easier to use the BR Wave Converter for WAV file imports. Instructions are included in the download.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Frank53

Yeah, what 64 said. Should have thought of that. You can get it here, if you don't have it.

http://tinyurl.com/mzdfgt

I only use that when I'm moving entire songs, but it'll work just as well for one track as it will for many.

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Diego Ayala

Hey, that worked!!!  It transfered just find!!!  Loaded the converter and voila!

Thanks a bunch 64 and Frank!!!!

D