'Cracks in the Glaze' (LIVE) by Greeny

Started by Greeny, July 08, 2009, 03:39:49 AM

Bosko Schwartz

Taking a break from work and I'm listening to the first track you played (but hearing it second).  I may like this one even better than "The Weight of Your Life."  Where do you get these lyrics, man?  You always find a clever phrase to "hook" your listener!  Your songs are so human ... maybe I'm saying that because this word shows up so much in this song.  Very deep and inspirational stuff, as seems to be your niche.

The rawness of the live performance is awesome.  It's clear that your songs are great because whether they have giant, soaring production or just a voice and acoustic 6-string, they always sound perfect.

I doubt I'll ever grow the balls to do this myself (play my songs live), but you have inspired me to at least think about it.

Brilliant! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

AndyR

This one didn't grab me first listen - but I came back to it after the others, and it's really growing on me.

Bosko - go for it!! I haven't done it for years now, but there is something SO empowering about getting up with just you and a guitar - so much more so than with a band. When you get the plaudits, they're all yours :) (but on the other hand... if it f*cks up, you can't blame no-one else :D)

You come off the stage feeling like... I can't describe it.. there's nothing else I've ever done that feels remotely like it..

Nice one Greeny! Sounds like it was a good night...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Facemask93

Again nice one Tim , Mahogany guitar's have a sound of their own , i recently bought a 00015 series martin from andertons in Guilford , keep up the live stuff it's good

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Greeny

Quote from: facemask93 on July 09, 2009, 11:30:24 AMAgain nice one Tim , Mahogany guitar's have a sound of their own , i recently bought a 00015 series martin from andertons in Guilford , keep up the live stuff it's good

Facemask93

I may well have seen you in Andertons before and not known it! I'm a bit of a regular there. But if you haven't been to Guitar Village in Farnham I highly recommend it - even my son said 'this is guitar heaven'... and it is!!!!

Wiley

Wow Tim this was just to fun to listen to. Anything live is great.  Here on the site no one says anything bad. But when it's live you got it.  Am going to do a live thing myself in August.  Cant wait but always nervous. lOL Again wonderfull. Got to catch the others now.

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Diego Ayala

Quote from: AndyR on July 09, 2009, 11:24:59 AMThis one didn't grab me first listen - but I came back to it after the others, and it's really growing on me.

Bosko - go for it!! I haven't done it for years now, but there is something SO empowering about getting up with just you and a guitar - so much more so than with a band. When you get the plaudits, they're all yours :) (but on the other hand... if it f*cks up, you can't blame no-one else :D)

You come off the stage feeling like... I can't describe it.. there's nothing else I've ever done that feels remotely like it..

Nice one Greeny! Sounds like it was a good night...

I agree Andy!  Bosko => Getting out there and doing it, is a total different experience!  Even though, I have done it 100's of times with bands and by myself, that first few minutes is a bit rattling - the old adrenalin jolt, and the more you do it, the better it gets!  But, those first minutes, well...

Greeny => great song!  Kind of a good thing to hear you talking, gives me an added mental picture of Greeny - a person sounds different talking than singing!

D

SE

Wow we,ve got to promote live stuff and this is the biz, great song, vox and guitar a great listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Hook

Greeny this is a great tune! New to me and I'm glad to have it!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Nelson

Just brilliant, Tim.
Such a beautiful song and a stunning live performance.

I think it just gets better and draws you in as the song unfolds.
That what it's all about, keeping the listener leaning forward, hungry for the next word.

Well done my friend... I am Green with........

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600