Firmware Update (version 1.04) for Micro BR

Started by 64Guitars, July 06, 2009, 10:14:08 PM

Geir

I updated to 1.4 a while ago.
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=3553.msg61688#msg61688

I think it's worth it. I have had card read errors since, but only when tha chard is almost full. It seems like there the mbr have a problem when the card is getting too full, regardless of firmware version or type of card. I've had no problems when I make sure I have plenty of space on the card after upgrading.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

I've bought a new Micro BR, and it came with 1.4 firmware. I'm in eastern Europe, I'm not sure if the same goes for USA.

Redler

I connected my MBR in my PC, but "USB idling..." on the display. So, I can't even see what version I'm using, propably older one, because I purchased it in april 2008. I saved the update files in my original 128 Mb card...but can't update it due to problem explained above...

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 06, 2009, 09:35:32 AM
  • Switch off the Micro BR. Switch it back on while simultaneously pressing the cursor left and right buttons. The current version number will be displayed. If it's already 1.04, you don't need to update.
  • If you have any User patches you want to keep, copy them to the Song patch bank.
  • Backup the memory card.
  • Copy all four update files (MBRSYS00.BIN, MBR_V000.BIN, MBRWAV00.BIN, and UPDINFO2.BR1) to the root directory of the Micro BR memory card.
  • Switch off the Micro BR. Switch it back on while simultaneously pressing the [STOP] and [REC] buttons.
  • When the display shows "Exe update? W / upd", press [TR4] twice to start the update. It will take some time. Do not interrupt the process. Doing so could make your Micro BR unusable.
  • When the display shows "Finished [PWR]", you can reset the Micro BR by switching it off then back on.

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

Hi 1.03 for me also i purchased it around two years ago .

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Geir

Quote from: Redler on June 30, 2010, 10:03:06 AMI connected my MBR in my PC, but "USB idling..." on the display. So, I can't even see what version I'm using, propably older one, because I purchased it in april 2008. I saved the update files in my original 128 Mb card...but can't update it due to problem explained above...
You'll just have to disconnect it from your PC Kari. And then turn it off and follow the procedure you quoted.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

I tried it at first right way, but I was a bit glumsy with my wooden fingers :) There was version 1.03. and now it is 1.04 . Sorry for confusion and thanks!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

i had know idea about this..Gonna have to check it out!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

QuoteTo find out which version is currently in your Micro BR, turn the power on while holding down the CURSOR < and > buttons. The version number will appear in the display. To resume using your Micro BR, turn it off, wait a couple of seconds, then turn it back on.

Firmware update to v1.04 went without a hitch.  Just make sure you put the files, not the folder containing the files, in the root (top of hierarchy, not inside any folder) of the SD card.

Glenn Mitchell

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

mzs

If someone has the file, please upload somewhere because at the roland.de is no longer available.

Thanks in advance.