CCR Fortunate Son cover

Started by Farrell Jackson, October 08, 2024, 08:45:56 AM

BerryPatch

Hell yeah, a heavy version of a classic! I love those chunky guitars and your vocals are the icing on the cake!

StephenM

back in for another listen or 4... I noticed this the other day but could not get finger on it..
some of the guitar riffs Jos uses sound like that riff from "Turn Up the Radio" by Autograph... very very cool merging of vibes...

CCR is a band that has always interested me... some of their songs i can't really stand because they weren't that great and got played to death (see Proud Mary)... but they had something that was beyond John Fogerty but for sure he was part of it... it was they way they did the rhythms in the songs... I never really found anything anywhere else like it... the vibe...showed up in so many of their songs.

cool post... cool cover... smokin hot rock track.. true enough to the original but also far enough away to be totally original cover.... well done

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Quote from: StephenM on October 13, 2024, 08:19:56 AM... some of their songs i can't really stand because they weren't that great

That's a hot take if there ever was one.

There was a time when you could have got burned at the stake for saying that! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Blooby

Lighters out. This is a killer cover with monster tones. Enjoyed the heck out of this.

Blooby

thetworegs

That's a rocking good cover  great attitude

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

cuthbert

Great cover! Tons of energy, and everything well-placed in the mix. It sounds good even on these laptop speakers!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase