Worried Life Blues, version Robben Ford

Started by Jean Pierre, September 18, 2024, 01:12:26 AM

Jean Pierre

WORRIED LIFE BLUES VERSION ROBBEN FORD render MP3-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Robben Ford has a very sophisticated blues playing style...and not too easy to grasp.

In 2023, I did a version inspired by BB KING and Clapton, but I've always found there's something special about Robben Ford's version, with its double stops and jazzy chords.

I only did the first three verses sung

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

the physics teacher

Wow that sounded nothing less than perfect.
I do have an electric bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Ray Brookes

Ray Brookes

StephenM

this guy had a great rep... and you repped him well...

I don't know if that will translate well... so you did a great representation of an artist with a great reputation.
sweet guitar work ...

ce type avait une excellente réputation... et vous l'avez bien représenté...

Je ne sais pas si cela se traduira bien... alors vous avez fait une superbe représentation d'un artiste avec une grande réputation.
doux travail de guitare...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Play them blues brother sounds outstanding on this end well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

BerryPatch

That hits the spot! I love a good slow blues, this particular song has some nice jazzy chords as well. Spanky lead guitar, very cool licks you're throwing out there. I throughly enjoyed listening to this!

Jean Pierre

thanks guys,...this guy Robben Ford has a really special blues guitar playing with this jazzy chords and licks contribution
I really want to delve deeper into his style ( quite difficult, he's no Clapton ;) , (which I love)
So I'm going to take a look at a really stunning piece, if you don't know it, it's here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOKmK7q2e_c

et sans oublier la version merveilleuse de Ella Fitzgerald et Joe pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ_KFGzd430
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Ray Brookes

Robben Ford takes blues to another level. Brilliant playing.
Ray Brookes