Live For Today (Original)

Started by launched, July 04, 2009, 10:22:24 PM

Bluesberry

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 12, 2009, 06:22:21 AMI am just browsing through some of the latest gems to pop up on here.  This one just got listened to again, downloaded into my Ipod, and
BUMPED
This great song deserves repeat listens.
Again, another BUMP.  Listened to this one in the car this morning, cranked.  The real beauty of this song comes across on a good stereo, cranked untill that bass is rattling the windows.  The girl at the Tim Hortons (Canadian drive-thru coffee joint) was just looking at me with this half smile as I handed the money, and this song booming out of the car.  I think her teeth were rattling, thus the smile.  Damn fine song Mark.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Thanks, BB!! I'm flattered, really. Made my day!

I do the same thing you do - can only imagine what people think of us :D In the past three days, I don't think I've listened to any commercially produced music other than Yes' "Starship Trooper".

Oh, Tim Hortons has its tentacles in ME and NH already - I heard there was one in Mass now, too.

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Time for another well earned and timely
BUMPon this one, just listened again today( on good cans, cranked), and I gotta say, I really love this song!!!!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hooper

Good going at managing all those tracks!  And rewarding because you've ended up with a really big sound but avoided the sonic mud.  It's very well written, performed and produced.  Fine job!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

launched

Appreciate the bump, BB - It's one of the few that I like to go back and play once and a while! You are one of my inspirations for sure!

Thanks for the comments, Hoop! This was my first "serious" effort. It was a pain to do but I did enjoy the results - Some of yours and AndyR's experience definitely rubbed off here ;) Without people like yourself voluneering valuable info, it would definitely be a much rockier road to attempt this stuff! Thanks so much for answering all our questions. I hope to do the same for others someday.

Later,

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

Wow Mark - very impressive & great sounding song!! 

Great job - singing, playing, production - excellent mix!!

unusual ending  8)
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman_1957

Just love this one. It was a killer first time round, and it just killed me again. There are a lot of very clever parts in here, I just love the way it builds and those off the wall guitars to start with and spooky vocals. The way it builds is fantastic.

Great bump Mr Bumpsberry!

Cheers,

Nigel

launched

Thanks, guys!!

Satch - Love your guitar songs, an inspiration to me for sure! Scales are important, and your's and Saijinn's work has prompted me to investigate more advanced guitar techniques - I'm working on sweep picking now (Ugh!).

Nigel - What can I say, you are the MicroBR Bouncemaster! I learned a lot from reading your posts and listening to your songs, thinking "I'd like to do that someday". Long live the BR Purists, bro!! I'm fully addicted now...

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SteveG

Not just a BB Bump, but a treble BB Bump!!!!

Well worthy of it tho, a great song and excellent production too, glad I got to listen.

Bluesberry

Quote from: SteveG on August 13, 2009, 01:39:57 PMNot just a BB Bump, but a treble BB Bump!!!!

Well worthy of it tho, a great song and excellent production too, glad I got to listen.
Hahaha, I guess that means that I really love this one!!!!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand