Live For Today (Original)

Started by launched, July 04, 2009, 10:22:24 PM

tom r

Sounds bloomin great. I really must get some practice on my BR clearly i am underusing it's potential. On the subject of psychedelia might i recommend the Rubble Collection the box set volume 1 to 10 has some great british psychedelia in it.

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

launched

Thanks for the positive comments, Tom!! Much appreciated. I will definitely check the Rubble Collection out - Love that kind of stuff.

AndyR - A huge thank you for the tech info you have provided. Your vocal recording suggestions and the guitar EQ techniques have really accelerated my production abilities. I have a long way to go before I even come close to what you do - it's an addictive hobby, and I love it. If you only knew how unselfish you are when it comes to giving up great advice!! Thanks a bunch!!

We are all dedicated practitioners of the MBR :D

Peace OUT!!

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

I am just browsing through some of the latest gems to pop up on here.  This one just got listened to again, downloaded into my Ipod, and
BUMPED
This great song deserves repeat listens.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

thanks for bumping this one bb. i missed it completely.hey mark that bass sounds durty durty durty i love it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Thanks, guys - one of the few of my own that I like to listen to myself. It was real tough to do and time consuming - would like to make another one like it, though...

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

AndyR

Yeah, I know just how tough and time consuming these are, Mark - my last one really knocked it out of me, and I'm kinda struggling at the moment :D

Hope you're not hitting the same brick wall now :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Bigsky

Very cool, I like this one a lot.

cuthbert

Great job, Mark!

Love the fuzz bass and tremoloed guitars. I'm a big fan of British psychedelia, and will highly recommend the Nuggets collection and any Bam-Caruso releases (if you can find them!).

Your vocals on this kind of remind me of r. stevie moore's. He was a diy pioneer in the 70s (and still is).  8)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Diego Ayala

Just stumbled on this one since it was brought up to the top again...  About 1/4 into it kept thinking of Pink Floyd w/ Sid Barrett - the early years (they are a bit fuzzy for me-ha)...  Excellent arrangement!  I'm hardly scratching the surface on # of tracts - attempted to add a v2 this morn to one of my tracts and not sure what happened - at least not what I was expecting....

launched

Quote from: AndyR on July 12, 2009, 07:36:28 AMHope you're not hitting the same brick wall now :)

Andrew, it seems like every time I improve, my brick wall gets bigger! You must have to punch through a 2" plate of titanium steel after every production. :D

Cuthbert - You are only up the way from me! I work in Portland all the time. Small world... Thanks for the comments - Again, welcome!

Diego - Thanks for the comparison to Barrett/Floyd - Barrett actually is very mellow in his solo albums. Keep at it with the bouncing - it gets easier as you move forward. Don't hesitate to post with some questions - I think you have a 900, but the process is similar.

Peace,

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover