Live For Today (Original)

Started by launched, July 04, 2009, 10:22:24 PM

Geir

WOW Mark, this is brilliant !!! Love it!! Production is brilliant, I think everything is where it should be (including the drums) that bass really holds everything together and everything else spins nicely around it!!

Great work .... I'll have another listen now as I download it !

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

A technical tour de force and a bloody good song as well my hat is off sir!

Greeny

I like this a lot. Some great sixties garage fuzz-rock. Reminds me a lot of the stuff on the psychedelic 'nuggets' compilations. There's a touch of Don't Feel The Reaper, but it's altogether dirtier and more energetic. Excellent work. I'm going to listen to it again. You got me with this one.

p.s. The drums don't suck at all.

launched

Thanks for the uplifting comments, everybody!!

Nigel - all those bass tracks are lots of work, but fun to do with rewarding results. I want to try more things - I have a Korg AX10B, but never really used it. Might mess with it some now.

Greeny - Nuggets II - I've been wanting to get that one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuggets_II:_Original_Artyfacts_from_the_British_Empire_and_Beyond,_1964-1969

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

Quote from: launched on July 06, 2009, 08:00:55 AMThanks for the uplifting comments, everybody!!

Nigel - all those bass tracks are lots of work, but fun to do with rewarding results. I want to try more things - I have a Korg AX10B, but never really used it. Might mess with it some now.

Greeny - Nuggets II - I've been wanting to get that one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuggets_II:_Original_Artyfacts_from_the_British_Empire_and_Beyond,_1964-1969

There's a couple of other good compilations down that route too...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychedelia-at-Abbey-Road-1965-1969/dp/B00000G6NR

and this whopping box set that I bought but haven't managed to wade through properly yet... jesus - I've just seen it's going for £80 - £130 on Amazon!!!! Must be rare now or something! Time to take it off the floor of my flat, maybe  :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acid-Drops-Spacedust-Flying-Saucers/dp/B00005NHHF

launched

That Abbey Road album looks good - It's downloadable too.

Quote from: Greeny on July 06, 2009, 08:26:06 AMMust be rare now or something! Time to take it off the floor of my flat, maybe  :D

I cringe when I think of what I've done to some of my music collection. CD's as unintentional beer coasters during parties, melted tapes on the dashboard, not to mention trashed LP's from the 80's.

Then I grew up...(Not!)
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

Quote from: launched on July 06, 2009, 08:51:26 AMThat Abbey Road album looks good - It's downloadable too.

Quote from: Greeny on July 06, 2009, 08:26:06 AMMust be rare now or something! Time to take it off the floor of my flat, maybe  :D

I cringe when I think of what I've done to some of my music collection. CD's as unintentional beer coasters during parties, melted tapes on the dashboard, not to mention trashed LP's from the 80's.

Then I grew up...(Not!)

This album comes in a proper 'LP sized' box with 4 cd's inside. I love the design, so it looks very cool just leaning / lounging around next to my stereo, lol.

The Abbey Road one has some cracking tracks - some well know, and some obscure. And it was recorded at Abbey Road... that's enough, lol.

Bigsky

Wow, this is really cool, I wish I could do stuff like this. I am still learning. The leads in this are great.

launched

Thanks for the great comments, Doug! I've been listening to some of your myspace postings and they're very good!

See you around,

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

AndyR

Just caught up with this one... glad I didn't miss it... this is great stuff.

Great song, excellent arrangement, I hear what you're saying about the drums... but... if you hadn't said it, I wouldn't have noticed, I'd have just accepted them as they are.

Backing vocals - oh WOW! You're making sounds I want to make - more work to do Andrew :D. Folks are saying Steve Miller etc, on the vocals. before I read that, I wanted to say CSN, but who cares, it just sounds so good!

Oh, yeah, and there's nothing quite like that feeling of "using up all the virtual tracks, on to copy 2, etc, of the song - and you still haven't managed to mess it up...", is there?! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1