Live For Today (Original)

Started by launched, July 04, 2009, 10:22:24 PM

Bluesberry

Now what do we have here.  This is brilliant.  You are becoming a superstar Mark, what a style you got.  Brilliant, wonderful, I can't say enough.  I think Osckilo has already said it all already.  I like that guitar solo,  Damn man you are becoming very, very good.  I like your style.  Keep them coming!!!!!!! Everything has its place, great job on the micro.  All you have left to master is the drums, get a bit of variation in the pattern and they can sound pretty good I find.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Excellent work Mark really enjoyed this one, your vocal remined me of Steve Miller in parts, just a really good song. What I usually do is burn a few tracks on to CD and listen when I,m driving at work this one will first on

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

assassin

launched

Thanks everyone for the great comments! I'm not worthy...

BB, I wish we had step based drum patterns with the MBR - bet you are lovin' that feature with your 1200! I also took your advice and got an acoustic the other day with a strap so I can stand up with it. It's tough to play, but I'm getting used to the feel.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Blooby

Quote from: side effect link=topic=3527.msg35623#msg35quote author=side effect link=topic=3527.msg35623#msg35623 date=1246801056]
Your vocal reminded me of Steve Miller in parts.

Agreed. 

The fuzz bass is great.  A lot going on there, but everything sits nicely in the mix.

Blooby

Ferryman_1957

Mark, this is great. LOVE that heavy slightly fuzzed bass with the wacky little guitar twangs left and right, just grabbed me straight away and wouldn't let go. You get some great sounds throughout and the doubled but slightly different guitars work great. Vocal sounds are excellent and the overall feel is fantastic. That chorus is very effective when it sounds like the bass is getting doubled up or at least you are panning it quite wide in the mix.

The drums aren't so much weak as a little lost in the mix once everything gets going, just IMO. But not a big issue. This is a really excellent song with a different feel - very cool indeed.

BTW, forgot to say well done for brealing the 32 track barrier  8) 8) You did a great job - it all hangs together very well and doesn't sound mushy.

Cheers,

Nigel

PS You are worthy, and keep becoming more so!

launched

Well, I get more Steve Miller references - Greeny first pointed this out a few weeks ago. I'm flattered, but I can't hear it... :D

Nigel, you picked up on the big stuff - 4 of my tracks are bass, two for verse and two for chorus. The chorus bass was doubletracked and panned as you astutely identified. Verse tracks were blended with clean and dirty - panned very slightly. I love bass. Also, you were a big inspiration for pushing forward with adding as many tracks as I though were needed to finish properly - the MBR has no boundaries!! 8)

Peace,

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Wiley

Excellent job!!!.. You have a very unique style going on.!!  The vocals were great. Aw heck everything was great!!

guitarron

fuzzy bass and tremolo guitar-who could ask for more
good vox-nice job-good song

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman_1957

Quote from: launched on July 05, 2009, 05:19:53 PMNigel, you picked up on the big stuff - 4 of my tracks are bass, two for verse and two for chorus. The chorus bass was doubletracked and panned as you astutely identified. Verse tracks were blended with clean and dirty - panned very slightly. I love bass. Also, you were a big inspiration for pushing forward with adding as many tracks as I though were needed to finish properly - the MBR has no boundaries!! 8)

I thought you were doing some cool stuff with the bass - it sounds fantastic! I've taken to recording many of my bass tracks in stereo now. I tend to use the ZOOM B2 and add a bit of stereo chorus to whatever I am using to get a true stereo effect and then pan L20 R20 to get a "wider" bass sound but I may try mixing different sounds - that verse bass works so well as a combo of fuzz and clean because it gives a dirty, driving sound without sounding too fuzzy.

The MBR does indeed have no limits and it's great to see you pushing the boundaries. Love this one!

Cheers,

Nigel