Looking For Lola - Patrick Balfe Cover

Started by danthecoat, September 12, 2024, 07:01:48 AM

danthecoat

Looking for lola
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Hi All,

I've been away from this site now for a while due to being lucky enough to make some very interesting documentaries about some very special Independent artists of the 00's. Artists that were so gifted but sadly so troubled and blighted by Mental Health and or Addictions which means their careers and in some very sad cases their lives were cut short.

Anyway here is a cover of an artist i have just finished working with called Patrick Balfe. He was very big on the music circuit and many say a precursor for the title of King of the Indie scene just before life got the better of him and his crown was snatched by a very young and upcoming artist called Peter Doherty.

I hope you enjoy it and i hope you are all well :)

StephenM

Dan, I have often thought of you and hoped all was well... it is so inspiring to hear what you have been doing...

this sounds amazing... guitars are so well recorded and played.  singing is great...

love the effects on everything too.  I am having a great day and it just got even better.

:)  8)

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Great to hear you again Dan. Yeah sounds like you were busy but doing great things too.

This is quite captivating, just the gentle strum and the laid back storytelling style vocal are asking you to listen closer - I am getting an early Floyd vibe but maybe that's just me. Great stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

kenny mac

Excellent performance.
I haven't heard of the original artist but I really like this catchy little song.
Like your vocal on this.
Nice one

Jean Pierre

Excellent..the guitar alone makes me want to play some dobro or weissenborn guitar..may I?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

danthecoat

Quote from: Jean Pierre on September 16, 2024, 12:51:21 AMExcellent..the guitar alone makes me want to play some dobro or weissenborn guitar..may I?

Why of course you can Jean Pierre and i hope you are well my friend :)

danthecoat

Thanks all for the comments. I aim to be a little more active again here and i must say I've heard some lovely music from some old members and I'm glad to say new ones too. This is such a great site :)

the physics teacher

I do have an electric bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.