Shine On You Crazy Diamond, PART IV,V and VI, part vocal and saxo chorus

Started by Jean Pierre, August 23, 2024, 10:19:05 AM

Jean Pierre

SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND PART V et VI LAST RENDER I HOPE
Time:
0:00
Volume:
//////up date RELOAD THE RENDER WITH NO FAILURE ABOUT DEFICIENT CPU/////////////////

I managed to convince my computer to make me a non-truncated version and apparently he agreed. In exchange, I had to make a deal: I promised him not to throw it away and to buy a younger, better-looking, stronger one.:D

Well, I've come full circle and I'm done with PF (...?, for the moment at least because I heard "On The Turning Away" on YT this morning and I'm tempted to play it ;D

So here's the part sung by Corné (and I do the backing vocals), and all the instruments of course..except...the saxophone.
a word about the wonderful saxophonist Gary Smulyan
he freelances as a studio musician for Band in a Box, among others see wiki
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Gary_Smulyan

..but I think my neighbor is just as good and I'm going to ask him to freelance in my home studio ;)

Merci encore Corné pour ta participation vocale impécable!
Merci les gars pour l'écoute bienveillante
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Jean Pierre

I've just listened again and realized that my computer wouldn't play the second part of the lead  >:(  >:(  >:( guitar...CPU overload no doubt... I'll fix it tomorrow, apologies. :(
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

Wow JP and Corne... this sounds like Pink Floyd in concert!  I love this.

Great work all around!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

the physics teacher

Again I was thrilled when I got invited by Jean Pierre to do the lead song on this fantastic peace of work from Pink Floyd song.
Thank you for letting me  JP.
For me this is not dead easy. In my school vacation I always get a bit hoarse because I don't use my voice that much(the missus happy;-)). So before I can do the "shine on" I must practice a lot. In this song the only time I had to use my falsetto voice was in:crossfire, welcome and shadow.
Like I already mailed you:
in my humble opinion, this recording is perfect as is. I am very pleased with the synchronization of my singing voice and your backing vocals. I love the saxophone, and your lead guitar is beautiful.

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom,
Blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
    You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
Rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!

Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far
Shine on you crazy diamond
Pile on many more layers, and I'll be joining you there
Shine on you crazy diamond

And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph, and sail on the steel breeze
Come on, you boy child, you winner and loser
Come on, you miner for truth and delusion, and shine!

I do have an electric bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

StephenM

blowing my mind here gents... so darned fine! 

ça m'époustoufle ici messieurs... tellement bien !

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner