Shine on you crazy diamond, PART ONE

Started by Jean Pierre, August 19, 2024, 01:18:24 AM

Jean Pierre

SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND part ONE render MP3-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I set myself a self-challenge ... to cover the (almost) complete studio version of Pink Floyd's Shine on you crazy diamond.

I began this challenge with parts VII and IX at the Leslie Festival in SC.

This very long piece (12mn 51 sec in the studio version!)
actually comprises 9 parts
I also cut the piece because it's so long and, above all, because my computer didn't agree at all with such an abundance of instruments and effects, and started sputtering and stuttering terribly.

so I'll publish it in several parts
Part I
part II -III
part IV- V-VI-VII which includes the vocal part and the sax finale I hope Corné (Physical teacher) can do the lead vocal

So here's the introduction to Part I, which goes right up to DG's famous guitar riff
---------------0---
-----------6--------
-----0-------------
--8---------------
------------------
--------------------

I've used the eliophone (wind machine used by PF in the live versions) in this intro (I explained what this famous wind machine is in part VIII-IX...).

In the studio version, this part I lasts about 3mn50, shortened to 2mn 17 in my cover version.

I made all the instruments with an 88 Keystation audio keyboard and sound fonts on Reaper
French Horn, drums, slow string synth pad, B4 VSTi organ

Only the saxophone was taken from Band in a box and played by Gary Smulyan, a saxophonist from New York.

the guitars are played with my fender telecaster and guitar rig effects

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

lg

Spot on!

I can't wait to hear the remaining parts....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

the physics teacher

This is so well done and the suspense is killing me. Well cut!
I do have an electric bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

TPB

Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away