Psychomodo. Cockney Rebel cover

Started by ODH, August 12, 2024, 09:41:27 AM

ODH

Psychomodo
Time:
0:00
Volume:
1974Fest-2024 (banner image missing)

I realised one of my favourite albums of my younger days was released in 1974, Cockey Rebel's The Psychomodo. I was introduced to it by a friend when I was in the sixth form, 1981. This is the title track. I considered doing the best known song from the album - Mr Soft - but I'm only human. This was a single in Europe but not UK. And I don't know if the band ever got a foothold in the US.

I used to make 1/24 scale model WRC rally cars back when I was a young (and single) man, back in the 1990's. I used to get quite OCD about details. This track is closer to that than to actual music making; it's like a scale model of the original song.

It's made using only resources available to me in GarageBand, and my voice. They were a band without a guitar, instead having electric piano and violin.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Farrell Jackson

I know nothing about Psychomodo or Cockney Rebel so I looked them up after listening to you cover. You did a super job of this cover ODH! Your vocals are right on the money and the music (especially the piano solo) is close enough for my ears. Your scaled down model of the song is fantastic!   
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

sounds great and yeah, I don't think they made it over here in the US... but I think it sounds great and cool that you wanted to do it...
the keys and vocals cookin

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

launched

This is really good Nick I love it. You got a great vocal tone and it recorded extremely well. The weirdo synth sprinkles sounded like they were meant to be there and the bass worked out perfectly. I don't know the original but this is your recording so who cares, you rocked it!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

kenny mac

Love the vocal phrasing on this.
Excellent cover.
I met Steve harley once ,but I was slightly drunk and it if I could go back in time and retract my conversation I would, nothing cheeky just trying to string a coherent sentence together.
Anyway ,nice one.

BerryPatch

I've never heard of these guys but they sound so cool though if their stuff is like this! I love the vocals here and the layers of strings and electric piano has such a cool sound. Good one!

Bluesberry

I was listening without reading your description and thought you were covering Mott the Hoople...spot on....great job and great vocals....never heard of these guys and they are great based on your cover

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

Will have to look them up excellent job on the cover your vocals are great on this
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Zoltan

Ah, i've seen this track so many times and heard it too. The lack of energy has stopped me from commenting. That's until now...

Cockney Rebel rules and so does ODH. You're making such great use of Garageband that if i ever buy an Ipad i'll send you the bill.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

thetworegs

Excellent cover I remember this album from my sisters music collection I used to steel she had great taste also a big balance fan

If Life is a dream then use your imagination