New Wilco Album, WILCO (The Album) is finally out!!!!!

Started by Bluesberry, July 03, 2009, 03:30:07 PM

BossMicroBRew

NPR played some of this new album yesterday. They gave the songs some great reviews, mainly due to a lot of the chugging drive that some of the songs have. What I heard, sounded superb.

AC
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bluesberry

Soooooooooooooooo, anybody get it yet.  I have listened to it a lot, over the last few weeks, a lot.  I love it more and more, every listen gets better, thats the way with great albums.  They have created a frigging masterpiece here.  This one will stand the test of time for sure.  Anybody else heard it yet? 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Davo

My local music shop is moving, so they didnt have Wilco out, BUT I did get the album with Impossible Germany and am digging it. 
Last week I watched I am trying to break your heart , a documentary on Wilco and it was great.

Im always interested in how musicians interact-creative tensions and so on.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ferryman

Bluesberry, I downloaded it just on your recommendation and I have been loving it. I particularly love Wilco (the song) but have enjoyed the whole album. They appear to have gone back to a bit alt.country roots as the rest of the album is a bit "softer" than the opener but I like that as I enjoy alt.country (I like Lambchop a lot). So it has been a great addition to my colection, I'd never heard any of their material before.

If I said that Wilco (the song) was my favourite track on the album, what album would you recommend I get next? It looks like they have quite a back catalogue which covers varying styles.

Here's a recommendation for you if you don't know them, the Broken Family Band from the UK. If you like the alt.country Wilco style, check out their album "Cold Water Songs". You will love it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Nigel, I'll tell you what, the one considered their best by many, myself included is called "Summerteeth", I would start there.  After that probably "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" or "Being There".  I like "Being There" better myself of these last two, but it is a double album, there is a lot to digest there, it covers a lot of ground, but there is a lot of alt.country sound on that one.  Go for "Summerteeth" next, and see what that one does for you (it is dynamite!!!).  If you like this new one, you will also like Summerteeth, guaranteed.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

I am still loving this album.  Production is perfect on this.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

I'm partial to Sky Blue Sky and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, then Being There and the live album...I found Wilco (the album) to be disapointing...'cause Sky Blue Sky was soooo good!