Can,t Get Enough of your Love -Bad Company

Started by ODH, July 22, 2024, 12:11:28 PM

ODH

Can’t Get Enough
Time:
0:00
Volume:
1974Fest-2024 (banner image missing)

It's not a song, or a band, that I ever really connected with, but hearing it in the context of the 1974 fest, I began to hear it stripped of all its rock posturing.

So this is a simple four track recording. I don't like the lyrics and I considered changing them, but I didn't in the end.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

chapperz66

I have to admit I was a bit of a Bad Company fan and I was chuffed to see that you had covered it.  Paul Rogers has a great voice although I agree that the lyrics here are not exactly Booker prize material. As an aside, I sold a guitar to a guy who ended up in Bad Company, although some years after this.

Love you take on this.

Paul

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Zoltan

You don't like the lyrics? It's a song about nymphomania. A gnawing disease. An addiction. That's rock'n'roll.

There's probably a whole another song for those who finish before they start. That's blues.

Sorry the heat is getting to me :)

I like what you've done with the arrangement. The vocals work nicely although there's a hint of boredom to the reading. Kinda like "the work is never ending" which again fits the theme.

No one is happy. Maybe it's a sad song after all? Maybe i should just shut up?

A good one ODH :) You made it your own.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

kenny mac

I loved bad company.
Guitarist was mick Ralph's, another hero of mine.
This was originally recorded as one of the boys for Mott the hoople(Google it)
He let mott to join bad company.
Excellent take on it.
Clear as a bell recording.
Nice one mate.

the physics teacher

I do have an electric bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

TPB

Way to make it yours love the simple arrangement
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

ODH

Can’t Get Enough(1)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I found every time I played this I would be singing the harmony line, so I've done a version with it on.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

StephenM

don't know how I missed this but I did...

I don't really care what the song is about... because I always thought it kicked ass... ignorance is bliss you know... and I prefer to stay that way most of the time...

Bad Company is a top 10 favorite band of mine... incredible to me... they kind of fit almost an American Southern Rock vibe... and sure enough if they didn't pair up some with Lynard Skynard a few tours... wish I had seen that.

Even the later version with Derek St. Holmes (former Nugent singer) was pretty darn good... though I did not treasure them like this version...

great cover... works for me... sure enough... nice guitar work and vocals.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

I remember listening to your original post back in July and just listened to your updated version. I love how you've made this song work so well in a stripped back version. Nice guitar work ! Probably would have been on my to do list if I'd had more time to join in this Fest  ;)

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800