Hello from California

Started by FallnDream, July 21, 2024, 11:36:32 AM

FallnDream

Hello everyone, I hadn't heard of this forum until very recently. I've been producing my own musical ideas and demos for around 10 years now, albeit not at a consistently performing level. I was more about studio (bedroom studio)recording than live performance, although I was FOH for a few gigs while I was in a cappella. I started with learning pro tools for a couple years but then switched to Ableton Live for the next 8 years and counting.

I am not a performing musician although I did perform consistently for a few years as a Tenor in college a cappella. I think of myself as an amateur songwriter/producer, so more of a hobbyist. Late bloomer(started loving all things guitar at 15). Mostly self-taught. No voice, piano or guitar teachers even though I love and use all three instruments in my demos (a few high school and a few college semesters of music classes like AP Music Theory, guitar and choir). I took more classes for music technology(Pro Tools courses, mixing and plug in courses).

My influences include classic rock bands like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Jimmy Hendrix, progressive metal like Dream Theater and Periphery, and alternative rock like Radiohead, Coldplay, Soundgarden, and Muse.

I look forward to being apart of this community!

Oldrottenhead

Hullo from Scotland. Welcome aboard looking forward to hearing some songs from you.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Hey "Hello from California" and a big hello from California to you also. You have some great influences. I look forward to hearing some of your music!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

thetworegs

Hi and welcome from Yorkshire in the uk

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Bluesberry

Welcome from the east coast of Canada.......lovely little site for posting up your music and getting feedback ...lots of great music on here, dive in

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

Hey from Mississipi lots of good music and always ready for a collab
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

Bonjour et bienvenue de France...toujours pret pour des collaborations qui sont une des forces majeures de ce site
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

chapperz66

Hello and welcome from the East Midlands of England.  You have found a great, fun site here and I know you will enjoy it.

Paul Chapman

Greeny

Hello from London. And welcome!

Ted

Welcome from Madagascar. How did you find out about SongCrafters?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac