What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Started by SteveB, July 03, 2009, 02:53:03 AM

SteveB

Working my way deliciously-slowly through this weighty and informative tome. (That's mostly due to the vagaries of the British summer. When it's not raining I'm trying to strip and re-paint a fence). Anyhow, this book is an absolute treasure trove for technology geeks. It features such info as 'Studio floor plans', mixing desks, compressors, limiters, wiring plans, In-house and Home-Made techno innovations and much, much more. Anyone interested in how music was recorded in Britain before Digital, this book's for you. And me.  8)

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

karl1171

I'm reading Robert Goddard's Painting the Darkness. I've read a lot of his books, this is not one of his better ones, but still pretty good.

I'd recommend him if you like thriller/mystery type of things.

Oldrottenhead

Having just read everything written by Kazuo Ishiguro, what a fucking writer, immense.i have moved onto Scottish author David Keenan and his book about the post punk scene in Airdrie in Glasgow (all fictional but really believable) called This is memorial device. Can't put it down.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Slow reader here. Want to finish this before the age of the universe doubles from the time I started.

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry

It is good. Just the right amount of information for my astrophysics buff brain.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac