Cats in the cradle

Started by TPB, July 18, 2024, 04:53:38 PM

TPB

cats in the cradle
Time:
0:00
Volume:
1974Fest-2024 (banner image missing)

Imagine Harry caplin wrote this song twenty years later which means I took great liberties with the song but needed to  do something
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

ODH

I enjoyed that Tim, organ sound and playing is great. Don't really know the original.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Pete C

One of the better songs from 1974. Love how you put your own take on the song, especially with the organ

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

Loving those keys great job on this Tim that bass is grooving nicely away in the back there

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

Great creative version of this classic song, Tim. Love that driving bass and the organ track is sublime along with excellent vocal work.
Ray Brookes

lg

Hey Tim,

I gotta be truthful with you...
I prefer this cover of yours to the original!
Dude, it's awesome.
Love the bass, love the keys

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

StephenM

you re invented this classic... it is a great story... a sad and true story.

but you rocked it to the moon and back...
I dig it Tim... would be fun to play this live like this... people would be going wtf?  wow

mind blown

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

The bass and the organ are rockin' your version of this song! Your vocal and harmonies are very good. Well done Tim!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

I thought this would be Ugly Kid Joe. I saw him live and he was boring.

Based on the sounds heard here TPB surely wouldn't be boring. A laidback guy, probably tanned too, but not boring.

I'm loving the vocals. The organ is fine too, but the vocals are that steal the show.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

des0free

Not familiar with the original ... oh, wait, is kinda stealth but when it hit the chorus I do know it!  I enjoyed this a lot! Tight playing all around, especially awesome on the vocals and organ. Really tight bass playing!  This comes off making it sound like you're kicking a$$ without having to try very hard - talent!  So smooth and groovin' Nice reinterpretation of a classic!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR