'A Murder of Crows' Original by Greeny

Started by Greeny, July 02, 2009, 04:34:10 PM

Geir

I had a line in a song I wrote some time ago : "you paint a drink, and all your listeners get drunk" .... I could have been writing about you !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

She's only been gone 2 days, lol. I did this last night from scratch, and the words came easily - they were just what I was feeling. She's back next week though.

Greeny

Quote from: tafka on July 02, 2009, 04:53:04 PMthis belongs on "Dark Harvest"

You're right - and it stopped me being able to add church bell and crow sound effects, because they're already on 'Dark Harvest'. Bugger, lol. That'll teach me to repeat my imagery!

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hooper

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

I don't know what it is Greeny, but your songs always get me thinking and reflecting inward - How do you do that with your music?  I agree with hooper - Beautiful! It hurts so good......
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bigsky

Beautifully done, a pleasure to listen to.

Ferryman

I don't know what happened here, I know I typed a response this morning and now I can't see it. Must have forgotten to press the button.

Anyway, I really like this one. The thing I like a lot is your clever use of strings. They sort of counterpoint the vocal line without subsuming the song in a wash a strings (so easy to do). This is a clever feature of some of your newer solo work. The piano works very well, all round this is another gem with the emotion showing right through.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR