I found something cool with the MBR!

Started by launched, July 02, 2009, 04:07:53 PM

launched

I'm sure others know this, but I wanted to share in case somebody didn't know (Like Me!):

When using the Value buttons for adjusting track level, panning and whatever else, I noticed that when you hold the + or - button and then press the opposite button, the value of the item selected (Level, panning, etc.) will progress at light speed in the polarity selected.

For example, if you are decreasing the track level while holding down the "-" value button, and then hold down the "+" value button, the level will decrease to 0 with blinding speed. The same goes for panning and reverb, too.

I know this is probably elementary for some but very huge for me. I will definitely be checking the manual for any additional button functionality!

A dumb post, but I had to do it :D

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

I just learned that recently too while watching the Micro BR DVD Tutorial. Although, it is also in the manual on page 14. It's a great shortcut when you're creating a drum arrangement and you need to quickly zip through the long list of preset patterns (to get from P001:ROCK1-IN to P327:BREAK, for example). Or for zipping through the effects patch presets.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 02, 2009, 04:26:25 PMIt's a great shortcut when you're creating a drum arrangement and you need to quickly zip through the long list of preset patterns (to get from P001:ROCK1-IN to P327:BREAK, for example). Or for zipping through the effects patch presets.

I didn't even think of that - and it would be good for live panning of a stereo bounce, fader riding during bouncing - fade out while mastering. I'm sure there's lots more.

Thanks for disclosing the manual page for this, too!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

WOW! I never knew that. Nice one, Launched - that's another cool trick that is now hardwired into my brain.

Ferryman

Dumb post? I  never knew that and it's a really helpful piece of info!!! Now I can do lighting fast fades and pans. those are the main two reasosn why I have occasionally been tempted to use Audacity.

Thnaks a bunch Mark!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Thanks for the tip - I didn't know this either!  So much to learn and so much to experiment with....  Thank you Mark!

Tommy D..
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

guitarron

this trick works with a lot of gear that employs these type of switches/curser- not just the BR's

my korg T3 and Proteus FX for eg.

try it with other pieces

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bigsky

If it teaches even one person it's not a dumb post, like many others I didn't know it did that. There is a lot that I don't know about that wonderful little box of goodies.

OsCKilO

Awesome!

I haven't used the panning so much in our tracks because it was so slow....

This changes everything!

Thank you Mark

Peace!

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........