Main Menu

Beatles-ness

Started by maxit, May 31, 2024, 10:02:06 AM

Ted

Quote from: BerryPatch on July 09, 2024, 08:11:47 AMUse of blues (or dominant) 7s is another one to me.

There's a story I think I heard from a Macca interview. When they were doing the string arrangement for "Yesterday," George Martin pointed out going to the 7th chord wasn't really "classical." And Paul said too bad, we're doing it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

maxit

Cool hints, and, berry patch: we re going for augmented chord in the middle eight right in the next song lol
recorder
Audacity

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

maxit

My jawjust dropped. Exciting and touch8ng speech! I agree that must be the main point: classic music approach to pop, they were composers. I remember paul saying it in an interview (that pop is the new classical music
recorder
Audacity

des0free

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

maxit

He s a cool guy, i think he nailed the beatles sound way more than us (tim are you listening? Keep out your rickenbackers and epiphones lol)
recorder
Audacity

maxit

For me, other than 'copying' some chord moves (I hope you recognized lol), I tried to do something new , experiment a little, that s where I had a little help from my friends . i m just  talking about the beatles and tim and my real friends lol
recorder
Audacity