Fightin' The Fight (feat. DrC on keys)

Started by Farrell Jackson, May 25, 2024, 08:17:13 AM

Farrell Jackson

Fightin The Fight (feat DrC on Keys) aud-file
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is an updated version of a song that was originally done for The Bass Fest with just 3 basses, drums and vocals. Some guitars, different drums and keys have been added. Since it has changed the sound some, I thought I'd post it up.

Credits:

DrC - All keyboards, drums programming.

Farrell Jackson - All vocals, 3 basses, G&L Strat, Nashville tuned Telecoustic rhythm guitar, mix and production
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

This is a great song. Farrell. Excellent vocal work and first class production. I never heard of a song having like three basses before. What is Nashville tuning? Love that virtuosic keyboard work too.
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

love the way the bass's bounces about an excellent track throughly enjoyed

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

Thanks Ray and Trevor!

Ray, here's a definition of Nashville tuning; "Nashville or high-strung tuning refers to the practice of replacing the wound E, A, D and G strings on a six-string guitar with lighter gauge strings to allow tuning an octave higher than standard". I keep my Fender Telecoustic guitar strung that way. When strummed or picked along with a standard 6 string it gives the impression of a 12 string guitar. I read somewhere that The Eagles' used this tuning on Hotel California.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

Nashville?  Lowville?  Boonville?  All end in Ville.

But this wins... b cuz..
Farrell sings it...

Wild, crazy, cool, psych stuff alongside....

This is another place..

Planet Farrell... yes... from afar I do see the light.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Big planets ..
Attract other stars.

Interpreted: 
Well done to all...

Very, very
Greattt.
Gr8888

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ron D Bowes

Great intro and riff, man! I've not heard this one before. Really cool cuz. Vocals top notch as ever. A bit of wah wah thrown in for good measure on the basswork.

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

The basses sound great, the melody grabs you from the intro. Nice additions with the other guitars. Great vocals , drums and production.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

chapperz66

Wow!  Stunning stuff, mate.  Every part of this is spot on but I especially enjoyed the vocals - the harmonies are stupendous. Fine hammond from the good doctor.

Paul

Mike_S

Yeah this is great Farrell. What grabbed me at first was the lyrics. I love the opening few lines and a lot of truth there. It's a great alt/rock sound with loads going on. Great quirky synth, but the the track is very accessible at the same time. Cracking listen.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand