I'm home - Andy Dursley

Started by funkyaxe, May 24, 2024, 06:54:37 PM

funkyaxe

I'm home - mp3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A first rough version of a tune i'm working on. Much to add but this is a first live version until I can work out some harmonies in the chorus and additional guitar and piano.

I close the door
turn the key, I'm home

Get the lights dimmed down low,
set the fire, kill the phone

Kick off my city shoes
and pour a glass of red

the mellow tick of the old clock
 draws me to my bed

chorus
I'm home.......
Basking in my solitude
I'm home.......
My perfect tranquil quietude

The chaos outside disappears
The walls are guardians of my fears
for sure

Wrapped up in my special place
I'm not a rat in the race
anymore

Rub my weary, dusty eyes
My body crying out for
rest

Home is where the heart is so they say
No truer word than that today
Home's the best

maxit

What can I comment lol? How do you say when dont want the song to end, when it says the words you d say, when it brings back to memory the songwriters you have loved the best? Nothing lol
recorder
Audacity

the physics teacher

I realy enjoyd listning to the Lyrics and so prefectly played and sung.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

hardlock

Very nice piece of work! Great listen! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

incredible playing, lyrics are super and the vocals just right... a big winner Andy

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

An excellent song Andy. I like the words and your vocal sounds great! I look forward to hearing it when you take it further.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

I like the partially muted sound on your guitar.  It adds to the warmth of the atmosphere of the song.  Great relaxing and laid back.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ray Brookes

Ray Brookes

Mike_S

Brilliant Andy. Hearing this my first reaction is leave it as is as it's really great. Just the vocal and guitar is haunting. Super stuff. I had a similar feeling on my latest tune. I did up a version with more stuff on it but in the end I felt just the simple guitar/vocal version was better!

**BUT... your vision could be entirely different and may well be even better!

Anyway very good tune.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

funkyaxe

Thanks for listening Mike. Yes, i heard your song and agree that sometimes the raw, first version can be so much better. I'm still going to have a go at expanding this tune but time will tell if it is better than the bare bones version to my ears.