On An Island , David Guilmour cover by JP

Started by Jean Pierre, May 19, 2024, 12:42:30 AM

Jean Pierre

ON AN ISLAND RENDER MP3-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Corné (The Physical Teacher) gave me this cover of David Guilmour. This song was on my list of things I wanted to sing.
I listened to this song on YT, which I hadn't heard before, and I particularly liked the live version with Crosby and Nash as guest stars backing vocalists.
not too easy as I did all the instruments except the drums (Band in a Box)
3 telecaster guitar take ( sorry a Harley Benton clone ) with guitar rig 6
Hammond organ in plug in version
Fender precison bass ( Harley Benton clone )
String ensemble plug ins soundfont Merlin
Blow flute plug ins soundfont Merlin
3 voices processed with plug ins H Reverb , ultra maximiser wave,Mstereo expander from Meldaproduction and Voxformer Voxengo
Mastering with Ozone Element 11

That's it, I've recorded the vocals but I hope Corné will want to do the main vocal himself with the backtrack... I'm waiting for his version to make a little video for my Musical workshop with friends series (ex Containment Musical Worhop).

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

the physics teacher

That sounds nice Jean Pierre, but first I had to finish your " Eye in the Sky" this sunday may 19th. On an Island is the nextone.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

the physics teacher

Listened to it again and found out thst the two guitar solos are sublime.

Oh by the way, I never get physical when I teach Physics😉
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

StephenM

ce solo à 14h00 est exquis.

that solo at 2:00 is exquisite.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: the physics teacher on May 19, 2024, 11:34:24 AMListened to it again and found out thst the two guitar solos are sublime.

Oh by the way, I never get physical when I teach Physics😉

I am laughing... this was funny

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Excellent cover, JP. The vocal harmonies sound fantastic so does the guitar playing. Great production too.
Ray Brookes