(I'm Your) Forever Guy

Started by StephenM, May 14, 2024, 11:52:02 AM

StephenM

I'm Your) Forever Guy (the mix)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is the first song of 3 that I wrote geared toward the romance and marriage of my nephew David Levi to his love Erika!

I never intended this to be used at the wedding but maybe for the reception... also played with just a vocal and acoustic guitar works in that environment and likely makes this better received...

this version I love but the others did not... it just is not their thing and that included my wife, sister, and the rest...

which is also a reason I would not be able to gather a following... just too many genre's and too many different influences.... it works for me but most people don't think like that...
if you are going to market stuff, you have to identify audience and play to that which is one reason I would never be successful per se... lol...I notice when I go to play live that I usually change the entire set list from what I was going to play to what I play in that moment as I stand at the crowd...

pro's don't do that...

but I don't care... also if you are going to be noticed you have to be promoted and almost ad nauseum... I don't like over promotion and there are alot of people doing it imo... but lets face it there are so many people wanting some attention... I actually like being a microartist... kind of like a microbeer or whiskey... most won't ever get to taste it...
this site works for me... I like it and I like the artists who are involved...and the music is excellent... check out the playlist right now... I would take it over most radio stations any day...it's various, its good... it ain't all the same and it isn't commercial and yet it has great songs. just my opinion....

Lying next to you in the tall grass I'm not even worried about ants in my pants.  I'll just focus on your mesmerizing beauty.  It will keep me from going loony. 
Why do I love her and why does she love me?  Why does she love me remains a mystery.  why do I love her and why does she love me?  Grace from heaven, remains a mystery... mystery.
Baby listen, look me in the eye.  Today I tell ya, I'm your forever guy.  When life gets hard and you wonder how we'll make it.  Take my hand we'll never have to fake it.
Why do I love her and why does she love me?  Why does she love me remains a mystery.  why do I love her and why does she love me?  Grace from heaven, remains a mystery... mystery.I'm Your) Forever Guy (the mix).mp3  

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Great stuff. Always so different. This has a great mix of Hard Rock and county that you don't hear often... maybe except for Neil Young. Very enjoyable!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

One thing we can count on Stephen is your music usually takes us down a different road. Sometimes the road is bumpy, sometimes it's smooth but what we hear and see along the way is cool. Like most new things it becomes an acquired taste over time. This song has some real tasty sections in it. Maybe not the typical wedding song but the sentiment is there. Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ron D Bowes

Caught my attention with the main riff from the off. Cool song bro. We used to have arguments in bands about doing covers. Some hated them. I wanted to get the audience on our side and I thought playing the occasional cover would win them over (and it did tbh). Some people want to play to the audience and some don't. Some people are incapable of listening to, let alone playing anything outside their zone and some people let the music take them where they will. You are the latter.

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

All your songs are so original and cool to listen to and catchy. Your music and vocals are just great. I really love this. I agree with you too about this site and the songs being better than most radio stations today.
Just keep doing what you're doing Stephen, we all love it.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Another cool track, Stephen. Love those guitars and great production. As Farrell says, maybe not the ideal wedding song but the sentiment is there. I agree with you about not sticking to any one genre - there are just so many influences & styles to enjoy. No-one here is looking for promotion or 'fame' - (at least I hope not) so we can all do basically whatever we please; I certainly do.
Ray Brookes

Blooby

I hear you about genreless. Having said that, there are times I can remember thinking, "This tune is too normal," and then purposely do some musical non-sequitur. As for covers, many of my favorite bands peppered covers in their setlists. Everybody from Tommy Emmanuel to the Allman Brothers to The Tedeschi Trucks Band. If it's a good song, it's a good song.

Very cool rocker. I dig the big riff. I've done a few tunes for weddings, and I can't divorce myself (pun intended) from the event when I go back and hear the tunes. Hopefully, you will have a similar experience.  Congratulations to your family.

Blooby