New Guitar - Taylor nylon

Started by chapperz66, May 11, 2024, 07:08:47 AM

tolga

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Yamaha Pacifica 112VM

Fender Squire

hooper

A real beauty for sure and kinda unusual to see a nylon string in that finish.

Quotewouldn't be right for a "proper" classical guitar player though
And don't worry about 'those' guys. They don't think it's 'proper' to wrap your thumb around the top of the fingerboard either...lol  ::)
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

chapperz66

Quote from: hooper on May 25, 2024, 07:11:58 AMA real beauty for sure and kinda unusual to see a nylon string in that finish.

QuoteAnd don't worry about 'those' guys. They don't think it's 'proper' to wrap your thumb around the top of the fingerboard either...lol  ::)

Yep - I do that too! :)

AndyR

Cool geetar.

I often wonder about getting a nylon strung acoustic - haven't owned one since I was first learning - but then I see another electric I want and "ooo-oooo-ooooooOOOOO!" (I've been quite good so far this year - only two new ones since January ::) ;D )

My worry is always "shouldn't buy a new guitar, no more SPACE!!!" but I kind of get over it with some sort of justifying arguments. I actually managed to shift a guitar... I got rid of my "best" Les Paul - don't worry, wasn't my favourite - to fund one of this year's acquisitions... that was meant to be the start of dealing with space issues, but that failed this week when I got a new sparkly thing.

With a new acoustic (and there are, er, "several" here), "but it's a nylon one!" would be a powerful argument... except for one thing: how much would I play it?

I know some folks - like Bluesberry upthread - end up playing a nylon most out of their various instruments. I'm not sure I would though after scratching the "nylon itch".

I've heard some regard it as the sofa/couch guitar you reach for. But I want folky twang.

Chapperz, it's probably still the honeymoon phase, but how much does it force it's way into your affections?
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

chapperz66

Yes - the nylon is absolutely flavour of the day for me and I think for some time to come.  But I'll report back in a few weeks to see if the lure of phosphor bronze returns.   :)